Looking to purchase a fishing net, canada.

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
During the summer months coming up I would like to catch some native fish to possibly add to my fish tank. I am looking to purchase a fishing net that is roughly 4'tall by 50' long or something similar. I tried finding one online since I buy everything online but hav had no luck so far. Any help would be great.

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
During the summer months coming up I would like to catch some native fish to possibly add to my fish tank. I am looking to purchase a fishing net that is roughly 4'tall by 50' long or something similar. I tried finding one online since I buy everything online but hav had no luck so far. Any help would be great.
That is illegal. First you need special commercial license for net fishing unless your status and its illegal to transport live fish from the water therefore illegal to have native fish.

My fish life is sparked up with Polys :)

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
I understand this may not be the most legal thing to do but I am not looking to keep 99% of what I catch. I think it`s better then how some people fish. I have done this before a long time ago and yes the guy who helped me had a permit. I have a rod but I like small fish to grow up, not start out with large fish.

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
use a minnow trap. if u are having 99 percent bycatch thats a lil much. Or use a small weighted throw net. dont be so lazy and save some fish from dying in your net

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
use a minnow trap. if u are having 99 percent bycatch thats a lil much. Or use a small weighted throw net. dont be so lazy and save some fish from dying in your net
Minnow trap, for some reason I failed to think of that. Also, I don't think any fish die using my net method. 2 guys just walk in a circle using the net then walk towards each other. Takes no time at all and you catch all kinds of neat things. But will do on the trap thing.

d1rt

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2012
toronto, ontario, CA
id suggest you fish. enjoy yourself. respect nature.
MNR would pound your ass to the ground if they see you doing that, walking away with fish out of season, too many fish, etc.
something like that could get you banned for LIFE.

no need to preach or start a fire.
bass have certain dates you can keep them, walleye, and so do a lot of other game fish.
some people like to let females of all species go, not that that includes most people.
if i saw someone with a net doing that i would definetly confront them. not one to snitch but i would hope in the back of my mind the ministry would catch you.
nothing personable at all so don't get offended. i am an enviornmentalist and know a lot of this sort of stuff goes on due to uneducated anglers/people

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store