Lost fish!! Help

Mxryder

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2012
California
Saturday I bought a blue ram to go with my beta and algae eater I've had for 3 months in my 5.5 g tank did fine till I woke up the next morning to a dead ram, algae eater, and beta hanging on still so I took the beta out and was doing better. So I took the ram back to my LFS and got a replacement ram and black convict like last time did fine to wake up to the beta in separate tank dead and blue ram dead. Any advice or anything that would be causing rams to die including my first three fish?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Saturday I bought a blue ram to go with my beta and algae eater I've had for 3 months in my 5.5 g tank did fine till I woke up the next morning to a dead ram, algae eater, and beta hanging on still so I took the beta out and was doing better. So I took the ram back to my LFS and got a replacement ram and black convict like last time did fine to wake up to the beta in separate tank dead and blue ram dead. Any advice or anything that would be causing rams to die including my first three fish?

Blue Rams need very good water quality. Try bolivian rams. There a little less colorful but they're much easier to take care of. I've got 2 and there awesome.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mxryder

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2012
California
The blue rams randomly died there's no reason why they would I had a black convict with one of the two that died an it only showed dominance never attacked it to we're it wanted it dead ....any opinions on what you think could have caused them to die not due to the convict?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Was the tank cycled? if so how? and what are the readings on your tank?

Plus, an exact list of what was in your tank will also help...

NitroDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2012
Italy
This is my girls little brother, I can help out, he had a Betta, blue ram, and Chinese algae eater to begin with. The day he added the ram it was fine, woke up the next day and the ram was dead and the Betta was dying. So he returned the ram, got a new one, took the Betta out, I have him my convict. He had the convict and the ram, next day the ram is dead again and convict is acting sick. The waters nitrites and nitrates are both 0, PH was at about 6.5-7. I can't figure out why his fish are dying......

chris_zx2

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2009
Montreal
You said nitrates and nitrites are 0 but what about ammonia?
You also didn't answer aboit the cycling.

how long has your tank been set up?

Sent from my SGH-I717R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
That kind of bio-load on such a small tank is a recipe for disaster. Get a bigger tank for starters. Rams require pristine water and

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
There is no way that the water was pristine with those fish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store