Love my garden hose

Ajno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2008
Tri Cities WA
When I take off my showerhead and use my garden hose to fill the tank it takes about 10 minutes to fill an empty 55 gallon. I love it! Wish I'd had known about this a few years ago when I had 6 tanks going. I was using buckets back then:irked:

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
I can use a bucket faster to fill a tank than my hose can unfortunately.. stupid water pressure.

But, I still use the hose because it's less work. haha.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
python is the way to go baby! or a home made one :)

sometimes for quick water changes i use a pump to empty and fill the tank.

to empty i just unhook my sump pump and connect it to a long hose and then drain the tank
to fill i do the same thing but i fill the tub with water and put the pump in the tub and fill the tank

best way for a quick water change imo since my pump is pretty strong getting 2000 Gph at 19-20' of head.

Ajno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2008
Tri Cities WA
I can use a bucket faster to fill a tank than my hose can unfortunately.. stupid water pressure.

But, I still use the hose because it's less work. haha.
Do you take the whole showerhead off? At first I didn't and it was so slow, so I took the head off and man its lightning fast

You know I never thought of asking that question, I thought it was a dumb question. Oh well I was in great shape back then:naughty:

I use a pump to empty it so it takes 10 minutes, when I get my Eheim 2250 up and running I'm going to get an extra output line and use it. Did the same thing with an fx5, made things pretty darn easy!

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
Do you take the whole showerhead off? At first I didn't and it was so slow, so I took the head off and man its lightning fast

You know I never thought of asking that question, I thought it was a dumb question. Oh well I was in great shape back then:naughty:
I live at the peak of a hill, so I have bad water pressure. The pumps supposedly can't pump this high as fast says the water company.

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
180px-Faucetadapter_766.jpgI bought a adaptor for my kitchen faucet. It allows me to just screw a hose to it and I use that to fill my tanks. Easy and fast.. No need to unhook anything.. When I dont have the hose attached, the faucet still works the same, then when I need it, its a quick hookup. Can find at any hardware store. They come in brass or stainless. I got the stainless so it matches my faucet.. This is what I did upstairs in the main part of the house for the tanks I have up there..

The in my basement, I have 15 tanks. So I wanted a easy way to do it down there also. Since I didnt want to have to run a hose from upstairs down to the basement, I went and did a different thing. Since I have my washer and dryer in the basement, that gave me a water hook up.
Now since upstairs, both the hot water and cold water comes out of the same faucet, it was easy to do with just that one adaptor to hook a hose up to. But in the basement, behind the washer, there is a cold side and a hot side. Each had a hose running to the washer. But I wanted to use both hot and cold.. So I did this. I bought two of the Y adaptors you would hook up outside to a waterhose to run two water hoses.. I put one on the cold side and one on the hot side..
get.jpg
This still allowed me to hook up my washer and leave it hooked up. Since these have a on/off valve in them, they worked great for what I wanted to do. I leave the side that goes to the washer open all the time. So that still leaves me with a open side of this Y on the cold and the hot. So I got a rubber Y hookup. Hooked one side of it to the cold and one to the hot. this allowed me one hookup for the hose.. Then I just open the valves on the hot and cold side to were I want them and have the water in the basement I need..
I also got lucky, I had a floor drain in the basement, so easy to do water changes..

180px-Faucetadapter_766.jpg

get.jpg

41fKGRozDlL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
View attachment 683670I bought a adaptor for my kitchen faucet. It allows me to just screw a hose to it and I use that to fill my tanks. Easy and fast.. No need to unhook anything.. When I dont have the hose attached, the faucet still works the same, then when I need it, its a quick hookup. Can find at any hardware store. They come in brass or stainless. I got the stainless so it matches my faucet..

I have something like this on my sink in the basement, except it's plastic, and green, and I can run 2 hoses off of it, or leave a hose on 1 side, and the spigot on the other.

282632_front200.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store