Lowest temp aro can take.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Yeah I am planning on it, can't wait till it is big enough to go in, and the water stays a bit warmer.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Unreal pond bro :thumbsup:

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Thanks for the compliments on the pond, it looks even better when all of the plants are bigger and blooming.

meiling- you can keep the koi and goldfish outside all year round, but my uncle has a 800 gallon pond that he built in his basment, and he brings all of the scaless koi inside and all of the tropical fish.

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
seriously, I was told aro's need to be 78-82 F. I don't have a pond and we can have as much as a 50 degree change outside in one day, I try to climate control the room, but yesterday, the tankt was up to 83.7 due to heat . I'm getting an air conditioner, but wanted to know how hot is dangerous?

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
The problem is not the heat but the oxygen content in the water. Oxygen dissolves faster in a warm tank, so lots of aeration is recommended to turn over the water to collect oxygen from the surface. Then again, very HOT water could cook your fish no matter how much aeration is in there... I believe that tank temperature up to 90's with lots of aeration is still safe, over a 100 is a different thing. Some people add ice cubes to cool off the water, but I never had to deal with temperatures that high, because my heaters are off during the warm months to save on the electric bill. :)

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
I have had my aro in water at 90 degrees with now problems. I had to airstones going and a powerhead along with a HOB filter and my aro was fine, no ill affects what so ever. But if it got much higher than that I would be careful.

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
umm, it gets to -50F with many feet of snow here oct-march, Thanks for the tip, I just wondered about a pond in the summer but there's too much wildlife that would eat him-bald eagles, goldens, owls, cougar, blah blah so he's banished to the indoors until I win the lotto.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store