Price
Region
Midwest / Great Lakes
State
Illinois
Pickup or shipping
Pickup only
Howdy peeps,

New here, just trying to find a new home for my SAL (South American Lungfish.) She (i think it's a she) is a healthy fish just over a foot long, and about 6 years old.

It's kind of heartbreaking for me to put her up for adoption, I've liked the species since I was a little kid and find them amazing. I've had the fish since it was only a couple of inches long, but it's time to be realistic and admit I just can't keep up with the care of a monster fish, and can't afford or find room for a much larger tank in my small house.

It was trained on pellets, but can eat anything. It likes pooping. It's fairly mellow and chill, but active.

I would like to charge a small re-homing fee ($80 or so) since I would love for the fish to live with someone who is willing and able to give it the care it deserves. She currently lives in a lowboy 9 gallon tank (really long at 44", somewhat wide, but really short. Undersized for the future size of the fish) which is also for sale for an additional $140 (which is what I've paid for it.)

IMG_20191020_193918_0.jpgIMG_20191020_194022_9.jpg

Thanks for looking, sorry if I messed anything up in my first post.

Best,
-André

Reactions: Hao and Jacob92677

Flutehzy

Feeder Fish
Oct 22, 2019
Hello! After the last post I've decided to keep her, but now three years later she's much larger and totally unhappy with her living situation.

I can't get her a larger tank because my floor joists are not rated for the combined mass, so rehoming is back on the table. Please contact me if interested, I am willing to drive to other states to drop her off.

Cheers!

chiefmojo

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Illinois
How do i get a hold of you?

Hanalea

Feeder Fish
Jul 23, 2021
If you’re still looking for a good home, please let me know. I have several lungfish (big and small) and I am well aware of their needs and can provide for her. I’ll be driving by you within the next month and can pick up. Text or call me at (734) 846-2432

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

Flutehzy

Feeder Fish
Oct 22, 2019
If you’re still looking for a good home, please let me know. I have several lungfish (big and small) and I am well aware of their needs and can provide for her. I’ll be driving by you within the next month and can pick up. Text or call me at (734) 846-2432
Howdy, thank you for your interest! Greg ( chiefmojo chiefmojo ) is coming by the weekend of 10/01 to pick her up, but I will certainly keep you in mind if things change. Thanks again!

Flutehzy

Feeder Fish
Oct 22, 2019
Hi H Hanalea , an unplanned adversity means that Greg won't be able to adopt my fish this time. I have texted you in case you are interested.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store