lungfish noises???

fwlion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
NASHVILLE,TN
yesterday i took my MAL out of his tank and put him on a wet plastic tray i use to measure all my fish, I laid him down on the tray and of course he started walking, so i grabbed him and tried to straighten his body out so I could get an accurate measurement and get him back in his tank as quick as possible, when I went to touch him he made a sqeaking noise and ludged up at my finger like trying to bite me and then kept snapping at me

has anybody else ever heard this squeaking noise from a lungfish out of water

P.S. I no I might get some negative comments from me removing my fish to measure him but o well say what you want i've been doin this for YEARS with my fish and never have harmed any of my fish by doing this

and to my disappointment my lungfish has only put on 1 inch or less since NOVEMBER he is 16in. but if y'all don't remember he just resently started really eating good maybe 2 months ago

I am doin weekly waterchanges and he is now eating massivore pellets, shell on cut up shrimp, spiralina pellets, and nightcrawlers

WHY WON'T HE GROW WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
''ludged up at my finger like trying to bite me and then kept snapping at me'' Yeah sounds like he was taking his best at biting you.
''yesterday i took my MAL out of his tank and put him on a wet plastic tray i use to measure all my fish'' Best way to get an accurate measruement.
''anybody else ever heard this squeaking noise from a lungfish out of water''nope but sounds interesting could have been just escaping if it happened while you were moving it.
''WHY WON'T HE GROW WHAT AM I DOING WRONG'' nothing many fish hit a point where
growth slows and they have growth spurts-Anne

armaggedonx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
Glasgow
www.herpforum.com
When i take my african lung out/escapes he makes a noise when i go to put him back into the tank but it is not a sqeaking noise, its more of a grumble. My lung is 18 inches and has stopped growing also!!! :(

Atkin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2008
England
My lung squeaks. He also makes a weird hissing sound when he's out of the tank.

Obviously when he breathes he makes odd sounds too

zombeer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2007
new hampshire, usa
first chance he gets i know my african is going to eat me. :)

i feed mine large goldfish. he eats around 15-20 a week and is almost 2 1/2 feet long. maybe upping the protein will help yours grow faster, but if it looks healthy, then maybe you should just keep it on it's current diet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store