Make me Jealous

jroach

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Thanks for the compliments! I think the appealing thing about discus to me is their personalities. They are very aware of what is happening outside of the tank, and I swear they get almost as excited as my dog when I come home from work. Whichever side of the room I am on, that's the side of the tank the discus are on. My TSN, aro, etc. don't pay me any attention at all unless I'm dropping food in their tank.

Good luck on the dream tank!

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Thanks for the compliments! I think the appealing thing about discus to me is their personalities. They are very aware of what is happening outside of the tank, and I swear they get almost as excited as my dog when I come home from work. Whichever side of the room I am on, that's the side of the tank the discus are on. My TSN, aro, etc. don't pay me any attention at all unless I'm dropping food in their tank.

Good luck on the dream tank!
Haha didnt really think discus would mooch like that evertime I see them they just sit there and if it wasent for there color u wouldnt ever know they were there lol .And as for my dream tank think it will just be a dream for many years to come but thank you.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
heres my 300, size is in my sig... reduced the stock to dovii pair, midas pair, jd, african pike and 4 catfish atm...DSC_0297.JPGDSC_0296.JPGDSC_0279.JPGDSC_0214.JPGDSC_0309.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0296.JPG

DSC_0279.JPG

DSC_0214.JPG

DSC_0309.JPG

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
cheers, the lighting is quad t5 two 10000k white two actinic blue. gg has gone to a new home now... he was a bully!-( theres a sailfin plec, featherfin sydontis, ornate pimlodus, and my naughty secret that i still havent sold but will!-)..... 6inch rtc.

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
cheers, the lighting is quad t5 two 10000k white two actinic blue. gg has gone to a new home now... he was a bully!-( theres a sailfin plec, featherfin sydontis, ornate pimlodus, and my naughty secret that i still havent sold but will!-)..... 6inch rtc.
Ooo I love rtc's they are such nice looking fish its a shame they get so dam big and featherfin who doesnt like that guys so fun to watch and its nice to see a pleco in a tank that can actually house them not like some people with them in a 30g

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
i know the little rtc was an impulse buy at 2inch christmastime, he;s on ebay atm.... little syno is cool he swims upside down alot, comical! and as for the sailfin, he (i assume he) is mega aggressive believe it or not, rams the hell outa fish that ag him lol at about 12inch atm!

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
i know the little rtc was an impulse buy at 2inch christmastime, he;s on ebay atm.... little syno is cool he swims upside down alot, comical! and as for the sailfin, he (i assume he) is mega aggressive believe it or not, rams the hell outa fish that ag him lol at about 12inch atm!
Ya i have heard a few stories about aggressive pleco.I had a 6in bull bristnose and he swam into my convicts nesting area were they had there fry and beat the living crud out of them and scared them away.Turns out he just wanted the log they were using but still was crazy.

lloyd378

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Love the fish very pretty looking.Whats the one in the 2nd pic and the one in the 5th the little guy in the back?
I am not sure if you were asking about mine( as all of the fish on this thread are incredible), but if you were: 2nd pic was a festae, and 5th one has an RTM/JAG hybrid in the back with a midas in the front, a silver dollar on the left, and a low grade red texas (it's the yellow one, and really just resembles a hybrid mutt..... but it was free and he has great personality)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store