Make your own cichlid!!!

fishflipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2008
toronto canada
Ok for years I always enjoyed breeding stripped cons to pink cons simply to see 2 different fish in my tank with the bonus of getting babies down the road. As an experiment I have crossed jelly beans to stripped cons then JB's to blue cons, and Jb's to marble cons. The one time I crossed Jb's to blue cons they actually came out a little stumpier. Sadly each time I had babies I had for what ever reason had to move and gave the spawn away never being able to take a crossed fish and breed it back again to another Jellybean. I am in hopes of making this happen.

Right now I have jb crossed with marble/hrp's and with the fry I will cross them back to jb in hopes of getting jbs soon with some color(thats the plan).

I know the jelly bean body is a co ressesive gene needing to be in both mother and father. I have bred jb to pink cons, the end result look like regular cons ( possibly a bit larger stomach area). Hopefully this will work out soon , at least its fun trying...it just kills me waiting to see however.!!!

Anyone else out there ever work on a breeding experiment such as this??

jb.JPG

Camphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
Howell, Michigan
cons and hrps are two of the most common crosses when it comes to new worlds. theyre usually less desirable than the purebred fish imo. the search feature will bring up several different threads on this subject.

tiddlywinks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
las vegas
if you some how can make the mable gene more dominate say 65-80% are mable then u would have a cool fish :)

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
Shoujin;4299796; said:
I am planning to cross a PIRAHNA and a Fh
This will be your result. a beet up Piranha or a FH with chunks missing. Is not possible FH cant even breed with SA cichlids and you going to try Piranha. Dont do it. Its impossible. Learn what the CA species are and look at cichlid evolutionary trees. It can help if you want to cross different cichlids.

Jory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
las vegas, NV
Shoujin;4299796; said:
I am planning to cross a PIRAHNA and a Fh
I'm going to cross a RED DRAGON and a COCKER SPANIEL. :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store