Waukesha, WI
Use purigen it works wonders clearing up tannins

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Personally, I think the tea color is a welcome by product of the wood and I would not want to hasten it's loss. Sterile pristine water certainly makes it easier to see the fish and makes the tank look clean, but it's not very natural looking. To each his own.

One method is to soak the wood in water with baking soda, preferably with multiple water changes until the water stops turning brown. Boiling helps as well. Or live with it as the amount and how long / fast it leaches is not certain. Sometimes it's over quickly and other times it takes months.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thanks guys I was planning on running purigen anyway and have the peices soaking tank wont be here for another week so what ever does leech into the water I can live with

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
Yeah maybe your right I just didnt want cloudy water but atleast it will subside they are all soaking in huge bins that I kept my kids toys in....wife's not happy about the toys being everywhere
tannins aren't cloudy, it's more like a tint. if it's not just colored then you have something else going on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store