Male Gold Jack Dempsey x Female Jaguar

FISHANIMAICS27

Feeder Fish
Jan 16, 2022
Hello MFK members… So I have a male Gold Jack and a female Jaguar…. And so far Been together for about a month. Nothing yet. But I’m wondering will that make a Gold version of the Jag? I’ve seen Gold Jag’s and wonder where they came from. If anyone has done this already please post pics. If not we’ll all find out together. And yes I love pure and hybrids. Don’t need need negative input. But positive criticism is welcomed.

1 2many

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2021
New Jersey
Parachromis Managuensis “gold” is a natural color morph of the P. Managuensis. Although very rare in nature they do exist. They are known as "El rey de los Guapotes" or “King of the Guapotes” in their native country Nicaragua.
Crossing a gold JD with a traditional Jag will not produce the gold morph you are referring to. If your JD and Jag spawn the fry will all be hybrids with some color variations.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Welcome to the forum!
Gold jag is just a line bred variant of Jaguars, selected for a gold gene. Similar to ebjd, red dovii, tiger Oscar, electric blue acaras, etc., same for gold Dempseys.
A jag x gold Dempsey would still be an intersting cross though, probably something like a regular Jack x jag, but with some lighter ones mixed in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store