Mama rays and questions about going into labor....

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
U.K. West Midlands
sorry for your loss ....Ive had this happen to one of my marble females first litters in previous posts . I think it could be your females first time and she perhaps had complications. Just out of curiosity did you check you water params?

mybluem3

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2007
Prospect Heights,IL
sorry for your loss ....Ive had this happen to one of my marble females first litters in previous posts . I think it could be your females first time and she perhaps had complications. Just out of curiosity did you check you water params?
Water params were all good. There were 2 other rays in the tank with her he was divided off on her own... They're perfect... It was simply birthing complications... Was your female a WC? This is more prevalent then I thought... And I'm sure there are alot of cases that haven't been documented or spoken of... We are all messing with Mother nature at the end of the day and stuff like this happens. In 5 + years of ray keeping this is my first experience with this... Then again this was my first WC that came in Prego...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Ok I feel a little better, still a bummer for you though. I'd probably recognize her pic if you showed it.

jstavis

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
Madison, WI
Sorry if someone's mentioned this already, but I wonder if it would have been better having a male chasing her around and trying to breed again to get the pup pushed out.

(Wow, just realized this is a month old, but I'll post anyway-- I've been gone for awhile.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store