Man goes to jail for peeing on Alamo object

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
pretty much have to consider the "source ", and realize there are news sources that do this for people who love to hate...my solution change the channel to news..and listen to BOTH sides ....... these types of sources ,on either side only promote division..if you take a camera to a protest and rile up the crowd. some of the lesser minds in the crowd are easy to rile up ..then you film the ensuing stupidity...

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Hi FMA4ME,
There is no dispute that both ends of the spectrum are guilty of flag burning. Legal as it may be, I think it is disgusting. As far as my reply to BuffaloPolypteridae...I simply "found a leftist group that's done it lately and told him about it" to paraphrase his original inquiry. We can all agree to disagree on how we feel about flag burning, but again, I posted BuffaloPolypteridae's quoted questions in my previous response so that there would be no confusion as to what and to whom I was responding to. Also, when BuffaloPolypteridae says no flag burning occurred in Washington DC, does a park in front of the White House not count as Washington DC? Guess he missed that one...here it is again.

[video=youtube;Msc34EwzyAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msc34EwzyAA#t=273[/video]

PS- We all love fish, so we have that in common ;)
Hello, yea, we can agree flag burning is disgusting. When it does happen though, I think the focus should be on why people are doing it, what's their motivation, what's the rukus about? Not, Stop the presses!! A flag has been burned!!
Praise fish for peace!! :D

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
I couldn't agree more that this bonehead should be punished, but the penalty seems excessive for the crime. How about a bunch of community service scrubbing the Alamo and a fine...

Meanwhile, who went to jail for the fraud that wiped out 40 percent of the world's wealth and nearly crashed the economy? Oh yeah right. No one.

A great read: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/books/review/the-divide-by-matt-taibbi.html?_r=0

Matt

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
As far as burning flags, to most the flag represents the government, not the general public or the actual lands. Its funny that this is the 3rd or 4th time I've read someone on here suggesting suicide to everyone on the other side of an argument and all of them happen to be Americans. Intolerance abounds here.
.....and before it does I wanted to go back to the above quote.No one suggested burning any flag.It was I who brought it up only as an example but it's seemed to have branched off on its own as side topic regarding who is more likely to do it than others.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
.....and before it does I wanted to go back to the above quote.No one suggested burning any flag.It was I who brought it up only as an example but it's seemed to have branched off on its own as side topic regarding who is more likely to do it than others.
I was stay out of it until it was suggested that only conservatives do it and in all the cases of liberals doing it was a frame job.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Moral of the story, burning flags and peeing on the Alamo are both (IMO) frowned upon. However, peeing on the Alamo will get you locked up. Definitely don't pee on the Alamo and try not to burn any flags. The choice is yours.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
...................., peeing on the Alamo will get you locked up. Definitely don't pee on the Alamo............... The choice is yours.
"Depend"s on the guy ;-)
Depends.jpg

Depends.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store