Mangrove Jack update - Dec-2012

trace

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
Hamer Idaho
Beautiful fish! How big is he? What is his personality like? Tank size? Diet? Give us the run down. I have always wanted one so I will live vicariously through you for now!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

greenterra

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Thanks all.;)

Beautiful fish! How big is he? What is his personality like? Tank size? Diet? Give us the run down. I have always wanted one so I will live vicariously through you for now!

I last measured it just over 3mths ago @19". It has put on a little size since. Tank size is 9'x4'x3.4'. Diet consists of mainly mullet fillet, whole squid and some live foods like poddy mullet and Cherabin(Live shrimp) etc. I also insert Hikari massivore pellets into cut slots within the mullet fillets and also into the body of the squid. It pretty much swallows all food whole so it doesn't even notice the pellets in the mix. As for personality? It is constantly active and uses up every bit of the tank space. Can be cautious at times but in an intelligent sort of way. Other times it can be quite boisterous and playful speeding from one end of the tank to the other while smashing the water surface in the process. Definitely the best solo fish I have kept to date. ;)
Here's the latest vid. It also shows its feeding techniques so you can get a better feel for its typical behavior.
[video=youtube;YpnwXhbNhHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpnwXhbNhHI&list=UU3FB_GUpuxxE5v8eIVKrgSg&index=1[/video]

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Awesome fish,have you had it in fresh the whole time you've had it?

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Well this has to be one of the most beautiful fish I have seen on MFK. Fantastic specimen.

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store