marine and freshwater fish in the same tank

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I disagree. Chromois, damsels, and nano gobys are all cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Reactions: twcp

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole

boxingscene

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2014
Las Vegas
I remember one aquarium shop that had a Red Devil living in a salt water tank. They said the fish was sold told from a guy who only kept it in salt water from a young age. Now the RD as huge and living in a salt tank with salt fish.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I got this guy 30.00 cheap enough
uploadfromtaptalk1416199809410.jpg
Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
If you want a cheap setup look on craigslist. I got a full 70 gallon tank setup with a sump, pump, pt. skimmer, 65-70 lbs of live rock, and 10 filter socks for $300.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
Even if this is possible...why would you even want to?

Its not like mixing freshwater fish from different localities e.g. SA and CA cichlids, which isn't natural but still "works".

This is retarded.
I don't think its retarded. If I could get my hands on this water i would setup a mixed tank. I looked around the net to see if this water can be purchased online anywhere in the US I could not find it. Seems if someone was to import this water it would sell.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
I notice that at least in the first video the species included as representatives of marine inhabitants are highly tolerant of salinity changes.....

I spotted a stars and stripes puffer, terapon jaruba, and a picasso trigger.

I personally maintain a stars and stripes in 1.001 salinity with a host of freshwater tank mates, and ive kept terapons in "freshwater" for quite a while as well.

While ive never attempted a picasso trigger in low salinity i have witnessed them entering river/creek mouths in Hawaii while fishing for ladyfish....

some other "marine" species ive been successful with in "freshwater" aquaria:

Groupers - Epinephelus only
Puffers - Most of the Arothron
Flatheads - Platycephalus indicus
Barracuda - Sphyraena (three different species collected myself, lost them due to other reasons, not salinity related)
True Flounders - Paralichthys (southern flounder, California halibut)
Lionfish - Pterois volitans
Jacks - Gnathonodon and Caranx - These seems remarkably adaptable but one of the first to go if a mistake is made! actually attempting to farm them commercially with a company i consult for....

im sure there is more i am forgetting....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store