Marine & Brackish 'Have You Ever's'

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
even more thankfully smurph, no. after i read your story i started paying strict attention to the SG of my replacement water.
have you ever had a fish go down an overflow, and you thought it died, then weeks later find it fat and healthy in the - now barren of pods - in-sump refugium? lol.

redbellyPirahna4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
in front of my cichla tank,IL
have u ever came home and found new fish in ur tank that parent/relatives/siblings or friends bought 4 u?
i came home and found 2more pbass and 2 yellow lab cichlids in my tank and 2 damsels in my sw

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
haha. oh yes. but not bought, dumped by my stoopid uncle who refuses to read up, and still chooses his stock by going to the store and netting pretty fish. not totally bad though, i've gotten some free valuable fish. dwarf angels, tangs, triggers. haha

have you ever had a predator strike a tankmate or live prey item, spit it out, and it was still alive? lol. i had a new cleaner shrimp that was spared in this manner.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
not in SW but my oscar tasted my ID shark :D

have you ever put skimmate in your coffee :D i have, it was quite good. kinda like squid ink

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
im not :D

smurph1415

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
SW chicago subs, Illinois
thats nasty...... no. have you ever brought one fish that used to be a pair but ur lfs owner doesnt tell u so u only buy one and then you go back and buy the other one because the fish you have seems depressed and when u put it in the tank the one u had origanally beats the $@*! out of its former pair?

serafino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
No I can't say I've had.
Have you ever told someone you were going to the store to pick up some groceries and completely forgot about it because you passed by a LFS on the way and decided to come back with a new fish instead of food?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
serafino;1919760; said:
No I can't say I've had.
Have you ever told someone you were going to the store to pick up some groceries and completely forgot about it because you passed by a LFS on the way and decided to come back with a new fish instead of food?

kinda.. i said i was going to just grab a few filters fro the tanks at petsmart, but ended up going to and LFS and commin back with over-priced filters and a butt load of other carp i didn't need :D

have you ever had a fish out of a tank and hit you?

serafino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Yes lol I was feeding and one of my fish jumped out and hit my arm. Fortunately it wasn't its mouth since it was my fimbriated moray and that would have been painful.

Have you overflowed a tank or dropped a bucket and spilled water all over you hardwood floors?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store