Marine killed in SWAT raid, shot 71 times...Search warrant or Death warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScatMan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
PA
jcardona1;5122674; said:
See, that's my problem with these violent raids; they put lives at risk, for a stupid reason. All this over a narcotics search? And since when does a shiny badge mean a cop's life is more valuable than a regular civilian? Why does a badge give a cop the right to shoot and kill somebody who points a gun at them? Why doesn't this concept of self-preservation apply to a civilian too? A cop can defend himself, but I can't?

If somebody busts in to your house un-announced, of course you're going to try and defend yourself. If you have a gun, you're going to grab it. What if this guy was completely innocent, and they went to the wrong house? That could have been me. Simply trying to defend myself and my family. I have several guns in the house. That's the first thing I'm going to grab if I hear noises outside. You think he intended to take on a SWAT army with one rifle? I highly doubt it. I'm sure he had no time to even surrender, just like the guy in the video I posted (post deleted).

What ever happened to real police work? Staking out the suspect, and taking them down when they leave the house? What are these violent raids achieving?

Militarizing our local police force has to stop. These aren't cops anymore. They're paramilitary. Full tactical gear, vests, AR15s, coming into your house in the middle of the night, itching to kill. I understand the need for these types of raids when looking for a violent offender that just committed a crime. But for a controlled substance? Give me a break.

As for the evidence, I call BS on that one. If they found something, anything, they would have immediately announced it to make their actions appear justified. And what about the lies? That they were shot at, and their shield had several bullet holes? And a week later they change their story to say he never shot at them. I smell a cover up.
you're totally right. raids like this are completely unnecessary because there are safer CONSTITUTIONAL alternatives for the police and civilians.

the only thing these raids are for is flexing police nuts. it's to put it in your mind that "this could be you" to keep us in line and predictable. it illustrates the fact that you have no rights if government says so and that the people in a political position to do something about it don't care about human life or freedom... except for their own.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I dont fault the individuals for firing at the victim/possible criminal because he did have a gun. If I see a gun pointed at me, all bets are off, no looking to see if there is a safety or waiting around to see the man behind the guns intent, Im shooting.

I do believe that no knock raids and the militarization of our police is SICKENING.

I live next door to some kid that wears an ankle bracelet, he seems nice enough but I constantly worry about the police storming my house instead of his if they had to for what ever reason. My new line of work means I am constantly in possession of items that may be of interest of bad people so I need to stay vigilant at all times. A mistaken no knock on my house will be deadly, most likely for me.

Even the local sheriffs deputies here are wearing BDUs now. It is complete BS. Cops ARE CIVILIANS they are NOT military. They do not need to wear BDUs.

Now I have nothing personal against cops individually, I have many family members that are LEOs and Ive though about becoming one my self. Its the policy makers that strike a nerve with me.

No knock warrants need to end.

lincolngoh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2007
Singapore Serangoon Gdn
I don't envy police in a county riddled with gun totting civilians. I'n sure there are bad hats and screw ups but I think most are doing a good job.

If police were not accorded extra protection, no one would want the job. Such cases get over publicized. Police are human too and prone to personal weakness and mistakes.

I see all the arguments against busting the door down, however not busting the door down could lead to hostage situations and the suspect having time to run off and have a shoot out in the streets. It's a hard choice.

In Singapore, only 1 or 2 people get shot every 10 years or so. No private gun ownership allowed here.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
As messed up as that is, if he is holding a gun, or even an object that looks like any sort of weapon what so ever, they have the right to shoot him.

Thats just worse when you are in a room with well armed, well trained dudes.

Still. Seems unjust to me as well. Granted I know very little of the story.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
At lin, gun totting civilians? Facepalm. If ur not in my country and have such a twisted view on guns, just stay the heck out of a discussion on such. There is alot of bad apples with the police. All no? Alot? Yes

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;5124879; said:
At lin, gun totting civilians? Facepalm. If ur not in my country and have such a twisted view on guns, just stay the heck out of a discussion on such. There is alot of bad apples with the police. All no? Alot? Yes
I have to agree...

Singapore is not what I would consider a free country...I wanted to move there for economical reasons until I did some research into the government.

Aqualoon

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Minnesota
FLESHY;5124125; said:
As messed up as that is, if he is holding a gun, or even an object that looks like any sort of weapon what so ever, they have the right to shoot him.
They busted into his house without identifying themselves. They were holding multiple guns at him and he had no idea who they were yet he didn't fire on them right away.

JakeCox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2011
Evansville, Indiana
Send all those police ****ing scum bags to jail. I'm about sick of hearing stuff like this.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
FLESHY;5124125; said:

Thats just worse when you are in a room with well armed, well trained dudes.

Still. Seems unjust to me as well. Granted I know very little of the story.
i want you to seriously put yourself in that man's situation and tell me you still believe he should've been shot just because he was holding a gun.

keep in mind he's a trained military member and constitutional has a right to that gun he's holding and it's the middle of the night. would you have just hide in your closet instead of grabbing your gun? i bet never in a million years did he think the swat team was breaking into the house considering the story mentions it's an area with alot of home invasions?

i'm okay with people poopooing the people who have an anti police attitude but atleast look at every story individually. this man should not be dead

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
I love the police. I was a lucky one that survived a automatic weapon swat raid. They at least raided where I worked staking out my car.

Someone said something about "narcotics". There was ABSOLUTELY no narcotics involved in this raid. They never even alluded to believing that there was "narcotics" involved in the raid.

I do suppose that they intended to find considerably more Marijuana in my car than they did find. I had a whole 1/4" - 1/2" joint roach.

I got slammed to the asphalt, multiple machine guns trained on me and sent to jail for a F'ing roach. This was a corporation parking lot where hundreds of co-workers were endangered just to recover my damn pin joint roach!

I did not feel half as endangered when I was robbed in Oakland by two armed thugs. I got the impression that all they wanted was my money, and they did not even get all that. I thought for sure I was a gonner with the swat pigs!

Someone said that most cops where poontangs that could not defend themselves and were therefore relentlessly picked on in school! I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as a well adjusted human that would give these types of B.S. Puss jobs a second thought to go into!

No, we adjusted types take on REAL jobs with decent payscales and have no need for revenge on the bullies that beat us up in High school that now make so much more money than we do.

Try to put yourself in there position though: If you were a complete and total worthless piece of wussy human trash, what would be a better future for you than being paid to carry a badge and gun to "protect and serve".:ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store