Marks/Spots between NTT dat

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
Probably gonna need to do more water changes, currently doing water changes twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays about 30%.
After doing a little more research on hole in the head (HLLE), it could be contributed to poor water quality, poor nutrition and carbon could remove the minerals found in water to heal HLLE. Nitrates are fine (5 to 10) in my tank. Currently have been trying to feed the dats off feeder guppies and frozen blood worms. That could be the reason why. Good thing they started to accept chopped earthworms.
Definitely going to remove carbon, put salt and do more water changes at higher quantity.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ookutoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
bloomfield NJ 07003
Probably gonna need to do more water changes, currently doing water changes twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays about 30%.
After doing a little more research on hole in the head (HLLE), it could be contributed to poor water quality, poor nutrition and carbon could remove the minerals found in water to heal HLLE. Nitrates are fine (5 to 10) in my tank. Currently have been trying to feed the dats off feeder guppies and frozen blood worms. That could be the reason why. Good thing they started to accept chopped earthworms.
Definitely going to remove carbon, put salt and do more water changes at higher quantity.

Good to hear. Yea water change and salt is ur best bet. Gluck

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Yup water nutrition is essential and the most important is giving them a balanced diet no feeder goldfish. Give them some thing rich in vitamins especially vitamin C

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Just curious but why no carbon?
Carbon seems to play a part in it.. Something about it irritates the hexamites I think their called. I haven't used carbon since 08. I use salt, pimafix and melafix if my fish get injuries and water changes. The whole use carbon to take out meds is a waste if you do big enough water changes like 75% the week of the meds ...you'll take almost all just that week and the next week ... This is what works for me and has since

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store