Massivore Question

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Interesting.

The "Hikari Sales USA, Inc" sub title, which covers this thread, falls under the "Monster aquaria network sponsors" sub forum.

Are Hikari sponsoring us in any way? Are these Hikari related threads automatically "wired" to head office so they can answer these questions? Without delving through two pages of threads, which I'm not about to, I don't know whether Hikari have responded to one single query regarding their products.

I wager that Hikari aren't sponsoring us, and that they aren't even aware of these questions!

It's already been mentioned but Hikari are certainly not going to leave themselves open to potential dogs abuse from some guys on a forum who take offence to their ingredients list.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Lol, if you read this thread, you’ll find that Hikari were indeed aware of my initial question, and went to great effort to discredit me, and anyone standing in the same room with me. The president of Hikari USA actually emailed me as well. Otherwise, yeah, it seems they aren’t overly interested in what the average consumer thinks or says. And I assume whatever sponsorship talks that took place yrs ago, never resulted in an actual sponsorship.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
oddly enough i went to my local fish store last weekend and they had northfin on sale for 50% off. ended up taking 5lbs of 6mm pellets home for 45$
Stale dated, perchance?

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
If you are buying stale-dated foods, or really any foods in large enough bulk quantities that you can't use them up quickly, you should re-package them into smaller portions in sealed containers...vacuum-sealed bags are ideal...and then consider storing the bulk of them in the freezer. Take them out and use as required. This will help preserve as much of the nutritional content as possible for as long as possible.

Logan487

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
North Carolina
Lol, if you read this thread, you’ll find that Hikari were indeed aware of my initial question, and went to great effort to discredit me, and anyone standing in the same room with me. The president of Hikari USA actually emailed me as well. Otherwise, yeah, it seems they aren’t overly interested in what the average consumer thinks or says. And I assume whatever sponsorship talks that took place yrs ago, never resulted in an actual sponsorship.
With ethics like that I guess its a good thing I refuse to use their products then lol. Have ever since I saw them on a shelf at Walmart and since I feed exclusively frozen now.

Fish rescue

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2023
New monster pellet hikari silkworm selects , masivore(you guys weren't kidding it is stinky)was not a big hit here. this one goes fast and has no fouling side effect....

Fish rescue

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2023
Floating so it's lots of snapping at the surface , sometimes not good , possible blote and swim bladder incidents , be careful lol😀

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store