Maxi-Jet or Koralia?

ahfu25

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2006
NYC
I've reading up on hydor Koralia pumps and I wanted to know which is better between Koralia and maxi-jet. I have 2 75 gallons and each has 2 maxijet 900's. I want less clutter in my tanks. I want to use only one pump, so if I were to get a Koralia, what size is best for my tanks? (both house African cichlids 1 mbuna and 1 peacocks)

R'OC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2007
Richmond
Maxi jet all the way man, Koralia's are bulky under powered pieces of junk in my opinion, I was heavy into reef keeping for a long time as well as had a maint., business and If i were you I would get a maxi 1200 if you want only one, there's a mod for it to replace the impellar with a cowl and propeller instead takes the pressure out and adds more flow wich is what our animals want and are used to:) hope that helps

MTWiley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2011
Southern California
R'OC;4955726; said:
Maxi jet all the way man, Koralia's are bulky under powered pieces of junk in my opinion, I was heavy into reef keeping for a long time as well as had a maint., business and If i were you I would get a maxi 1200 if you want only one, there's a mod for it to replace the impellar with a cowl and propeller instead takes the pressure out and adds more flow wich is what our animals want and are used to:) hope that helps
Thanks R'OC I'm looking at putting together a 150 Mixed Reef in the near future and was wondering the exact same question, Looks like I'll be ordering a couple of MaxiJet 1200 with the Prop Mod in the near future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store