may be a stupid question, but.....

drizzt04

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
killingly ct
i have a friend with a bunch of pool filters and he offered them to me. my question is, can these be used efficiently on aquariums? i have seen some being used on big tanks around the forums, but i have no idea how well or if they work. can you guys help out?

drizzt04

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
killingly ct
i dont know the make or model because i havent actually seen them. is it worth me going to get them and finding out what they are?

Petrella88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Chicago
free should be enough reason I drove an hour to loo at this 55g tank that was in a storage unit the guy had no clue about it and since it was free I drove an hour 20 mine to see it well of turns out the 55 had a pretty new great looking marineland400 and a ton of roman ruins aquarium décor. 200w heater gravel and a lamp everything in new-ish cond. I ended up returning the roman ruins to petsmart and getting $114 in store credit one peice was $69.99 now I ned to figure out what to spend $114 or less in store credit at that hell hole

jbnebres

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
NE of Asian Arowana F
Definitely go check it out at least. If it's in good condition I'm sure you can rig up a decent diy. Hopefully it comes with the pumps. Just imagine the crazy amount bioballs/scrubbies on one those things- and you said, "a bunch of pool filters"...

Petrella88;2913838; said:
free should be enough reason I drove an hour... to figure out what to spend $114 or less in store credit at that hell hole
:ROFL:

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Cartridge filters will work for fish tanks, but DE and sand filters won't. The last two need to be backwashed and can't be done with aquariums.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store