Mekong giant catfish vs Arapaima gigas.

vandred

Feeder Fish
Apr 12, 2010
usa
Due to recent discoverys a possible new giant freshwater fish is comming under scrutiny the goonch catfish from the kali river, the pictures you see now on google are VERY new ( they have large wiskers on the top of the jaw and the pectoral fins) and the fact that most drownings reported on the kali are atribute to the goonch feeding on live humans. the local "temperment" of the natives is to live and let live so the big fish remains elusive but scientists have concluded, the specimens they have show no signs of stoping there growth, 1.5meters is a juvenile, and the adult fish can grow upwards to 4 or more meters and way 1/2 to 1 ton.

vandred

Feeder Fish
Apr 12, 2010
usa
vandred;4065099; said:
Due to recent discoverys a possible new giant freshwater fish is comming under scrutiny the goonch catfish from the kali river, the pictures you see now on google are VERY new ( they have large wiskers on the top of the jaw and the pectoral fins) and the fact that most drownings reported on the kali are atribute to the goonch feeding on live humans. the local "temperment" of the natives is to live and let live so the big fish remains elusive but scientists have concluded, the specimens they have show no signs of stoping there growth, 1.5meters is a juvenile, and the adult fish can grow upwards to 4 or more meters and way 1/2 to 1 ton.
the Mekong giant catfish carp stingray and shrimp.
bagarius yarrelli ( the kali river giant catfish ) is what im talking about
all I've seen on google are juvenile

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Mekong is the largest in my eyes. Proof of a 600+ pounder. I am still waiting to see a 1300lb Giant Sting Ray from the Mekong also.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
^yes actually they do.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
snow;4115966; said:
Yes so do I but that's not what I'm saying. Those people do have them but they don't have the room for one I bet......hence.......none........
john PTC and arapaimag are two good examples of fishkeepers with tanks large enough to house their pimas.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
exactly^

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store