MFK Meet: Seattle Summer '11!!!

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Racersk;5067739;5067739 said:
Very cool, I'm in!

Burien -A Place for pets is OK, but parking and the store is kinda small for a meet IMO.

I say we trek to Portland and make a visit to the Wet Spot-HUGE store, and so far nothing I have seen in Washington compares...

But I am driving to Aquarist World right now...Sounds promising.
This meet will be in seattle. JK47 will be hosting the Portland meet.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
bahamaqt00;5068199;5068199 said:
Hey everyone!

I was just thinking we could have the BBQ at our house!. We have a big back yard, a couple big tanks to entertain and are a pretty centrallocation to all of the fish stores around seattle (about 20 minutes away)

One of our favorite fish store owners might be able to come to help host and hang out, but thats just up in the air.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Ashley and Josh
Sounds good to me. I will update the original post and announcement tonight. PM me your address, and I will send that via PM to the members that contact me.

shua

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2009
kenmore wa
i can hall 5 people around store to store

Tropicalfishking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Seattle WA
I fly out to the east coast that day! Next time.

Madness

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2010
Puyallup, WA
Sounds like a great idea. Look forward to meeting some of you out-of-state hobbyist. Hopefully I will have fry available by then. Just spawned my wild caught Dovi, about to spawn are, festae, RTM's, red devils, and Amph hogaboomurums. May have some Cutteri and Sajicas available too.

Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood just 2 min off of I5 is a decent shop. Dominic and the owner I'm sure if they know we are all coming, will definitely stock the tanks. Plus they have Ike. (Ike is a pretty awesome Dovi thats been supplying the area with Dovi for close to 13 years).

repella42

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Lynnwood, WA
I would suggest making it to pet-pourri, at least to see the 3-4 foot fire eel! I would love to try to meet up with some fellow fish keepers. I know about Zero people who keep fish. lol. I can Carry 1-3 people in my car.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Madness;5070809;5070809 said:
Sounds like a great idea. Look forward to meeting some of you out-of-state hobbyist. Hopefully I will have fry available by then. Just spawned my wild caught Dovi, about to spawn are, festae, RTM's, red devils, and Amph hogaboomurums. May have some Cutteri and Sajicas available too.

Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood just 2 min off of I5 is a decent shop. Dominic and the owner I'm sure if they know we are all coming, will definitely stock the tanks. Plus they have Ike. (Ike is a pretty awesome Dovi thats been supplying the area with Dovi for close to 13 years).
Personally I would rather go to the chinese restaurant a mile or two down the freeway from Aquarium Paradise. Something much more fun to see there.

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
Madness;5070809; said:

so when did aquarium paradise's 1000+gallon tank explode? i was up there a couple weeks ago and the only thing left standing of that tank was the front panel. the top was sitting on the bottom and the side was split from corner to corner. their saltwater stock was also riddled with disease.
WyldFya;5072116; said:
Personally I would rather go to the chinese restaurant a mile or two down the freeway from Aquarium Paradise. Something much more fun to see there.
whoever owns that fish has balls of steel to have it on public display. i havent been back there since, wonder if its still there.

aquarist world deff has some monsters and monster setups. i get a kick outta Micheal too, owner and overall great guy.

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
dmopar74;5073007; said:
so when did aquarium paradise's 1000+gallon tank explode? i was up there a couple weeks ago and the only thing left standing of that tank was the front panel. the top was sitting on the bottom and the side was split from corner to corner. their saltwater stock was also riddled with disease.

whoever owns that fish has balls of steel to have it on public display. i havent been back there since, wonder if its still there.

aquarist world deff has some monsters and monster setups. i get a kick outta Micheal too, owner and overall great guy.

What fish did he have on display at the chinese resturant? I agree though, Aquarium Paradise kind of sucks they didnt have anything cool when I was there a couple months ago. Aquarist world is one of my faves, although the huuuge female motoro died from over breeding :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store