MFK's Favorite Local Fish Stores

isaiah640

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2010
Lenexa Kansas
Petsmart, Thats were I got my fish he's still healthy! I like their service cause the workers own some of the fish there, are friendly, helpful, and they have everything you need for a fish!

Crazed Demasoni

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Tropic Isle Aquarium
Pierce St, Framingham Massachusetts

Petco and Petsmart in Framingham/Natick work too. Both keep their tanks spotless, and the fish are generally in great shape. The Petco will order any fish you want if it's on their distributor's stock list at the time

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
1st Fav Tong's Tropical Fish
4327 S Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, Ca 90037
323-235-4370

Usually a great selection of all Cichlids in any size and very fair prices. Staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. They do ship you just need to call and ask for T. Dats, PBass, Birchirs whatever you want I beat they have and in the size you need. The store gets a bad rap because it's in the hood but really it's a diamond in the rough. Like Biggie once said "I live out there so don't go there"

2nd Fav Jim's Exotic Fish
630 North Sepulveda Blvd
El Segundo, Ca 90425
310-322-3474

Very Nice store with an older staff. Prices are a littler higher then Tongs but they have quality livestock. They also have a website so you can view whats in stock then head on down.

3rd Fav 7 Seas Tropical Fish of San Pedro
1707 South Gaffery St
San Pedro, Ca 90731
310 832 5339

Smallest of the 3 stores but they always have a nice selection of baby hard to find cichlids. Staff is really friendly and knowledgeable, the type that will tell you whether or not you really need to buy what is you asking about. Parking can be a b*tch but if you get there early enough you should be good. Or just drop your car at the car wash next door and walk on over to the store.

PhinPhan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2010
Albany, NY
The two best I've seen are:

Tropical Fish Distributors in Wickliffe, OH
http://tfdfish.com/

They have an incredible stock, very quick, cheap, and reliable shipping, and the most impressive selection of live food options I've seen

and

The Shark Aquarium
Hillside, NJ
sharkaquarium.com

This is just an amazing warehouse of the biggest and meanest freshwater monsters you'll ever see. Hundreds of tanks of just piranha. An amazing collection of peacock bass. Species such as hydrolycus armatus, AGTF, and the NEVER seen hoplias aimara. Definitely a must see store.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store