Mhcblues catch tracker

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
Well. The 2016 fishing season is in full swing. Been crushing bass recently. Getting offshore got the first time tomorrow. Will be wreck fishing for sea bass mostly but will have a bucket of chum hoping for a few shark to show themselves.

Will update with pictures from the trip and trips to come throughout the summer. Cannot wait for Marlin season!!

Until tomorrow here's some of my freshwater catches so far this year

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Very nice, my friend. Glad to see i'm not the only one soaking up this late summer cold spell that keeps the fish biting abnormally late. I'm lovin' these 56F nights we keep getting in JULY that cools the rivers and lakes down at night . I can see records broken this year if we don't get the usual July Heat-wave.....2016 is a goldmine for serious fishermen in the Northeast :D

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
Very nice, my friend. Glad to see i'm not the only one soaking up this late summer cold spell that keeps the fish biting abnormally late. I'm lovin' these 56F nights we keep getting in JULY that cools the rivers and lakes down at night . I can see records broken this year if we don't get the usual July Heat-wave.....2016 is a goldmine for serious fishermen in the Northeast :D
I didn't have a great trout season this year unfortunately. Didn't get out enough or catch much.

trip today was a blast. We needed up fishing the wildwood reef. Mostly bottom fished for seabass and fluke. Caught a bunch of short fluke and about a MILLION skate which was fun but not the target fish.

We ended out throwing a chum slick out while drifting. Hooked into a small brown and had a small hammerhead in the slick. Hope to get out again next weekend.

For whatever reason I can't get pictures to upload. Will try to get some up tomorrow

Reactions: Frank Castle

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Nice catches. Do you get many marlin off of New Jersey?

Reactions: MHcblues119

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
Nice catches. Do you get many marlin off of New Jersey?
Decent amount of white Marlin. The occasionally blue. Have yet to land a blue. The hope is to hook into some whites and hopefully find a blue come August/September when they're around

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
As promised. Here are some pics. Didn't take many. The brown was no bigger than 3ft. Got it on super light gear and ended up breaking it at the boat trying to land it.

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: Frank Castle

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
So I have some good news and bad news. We got offshore to do a little sharking this week. We ran about 20 miles off and ended up drifting another 4 miles. We had heard the area was packed with Browns. About 20 minutes after the chum hit the water we had a big shark in the slick maybe 8ft. Never got close enough to get an id. Took one of our baits on our far float and bailed. Didn't see anything for the rest of the day. We had a rod go at around noon. Line was screaming off the reel. Went for the hook set and there was nothing.

Although fishing was beat it was a great day to be offshore

image.jpeg

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Good luck! Get some pictures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store