Midas help!

Amphilophus DC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2016
Yea .. ! Never have luck with four. As soon as one is picked off. The odds get pretty bad. And I wanna have the option. If more than one pair forms. I can keep the best! Thanks for the comment

Mandamota

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2015
Eugene, Oregon, USA
I love my female midas but she is a terrorist! Lays 2x month, but no male because she is psycho. You seem to know your stuff, just be sure you don't get a midevil. They're ok, but not midas..

Amphilophus DC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2016
I love my female midas but she is a terrorist! Lays 2x month, but no male because she is psycho. You seem to know your stuff, just be sure you don't get a midevil. They're ok, but not midas..
Apreciate it! I don't even buy from lfs anymore for that reason. I like to know what exactly I'm feeding . Thanks for the comment

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
I got 6 when I purchased mine and ended up with 2 nice breeding pairs

Reactions: Amphilophus DC

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Deonte that is a great ideal that I love to hear. But make sure you get a huge tank. I would be looking at 300 gallons on up.

Amphilophus DC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2016
Deonte that is a great ideal that I love to hear. But make sure you get a huge tank. I would be looking at 300 gallons on up.
For my all male amphilophus tank?. No problem there. I'm two weeks out from filling up my 500 gallon diy. Me and my brother have been working on . We did a plywood one. Hopefully no leaks! But nothing is going in for some time. So I have time to iron all the kinks. And we still have to get to work on the stand.

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Now that is what I am talking about. Nothing like a good DIY tank and 500 at that. Good luck and when you get it up and running the forum would love the pictures. Matter of fact if you can post pictures of what you accomplished so far that would be great.

Amphilophus DC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2016
Now that is what I am talking about. Nothing like a good DIY tank and 500 at that. Good luck and when you get it up and running the forum would love the pictures. Matter of fact if you can post pictures of what you accomplished so far that would be great.
It's a weekend project. So Saturday no problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store