Midas questions

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
He arrived! Seems to have a good personality. Very aggressive and not skittish

A beautiful specimen! Mine was the same in the start. He became shy the next day. Let's see what happens. Your one's seems larger than mine so he might be more brave. Besides every fish has a different personality, but I have to admit, that fish is absolutely stunning

Joshuakahan

Banned
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
A beautiful specimen! Mine was the same in the start. He became shy the next day. Let's see what happens. Your one's seems larger than mine so he might be more brave. Besides every fish has a different personality, but I have to admit, that fish is absolutely stunning
Thanks! He’s about 12-13”. So far he hides if stand directly over the pond, but if I sit next to it like this, he seems very comfortable

IMG_3354.jpeg

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
Thanks! He’s about 12-13”. So far he hides if stand directly over the pond, but if I sit next to it like this, he seems very comfortable

View attachment 1542321
Man, can't stop looking at that fish! BTW, i suggest creating a separate thread for that midas and sharing its progress there. Who knows, it might help some fellow fishkeepers!

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Banned
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Man, can't stop looking at that fish! BTW, i suggest creating a separate thread for that midas and sharing its progress there. Who knows, it might help some fellow fishkeepers!
I may do that, I’ll probably wait and see if there’s anything worth noting. So far it seemed to settle in almost immediately and just do normal fish things lol

Reactions: AR1

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
My experience with Midas is they are aggressive with other cichlids in their territory, but haven't had issues with dithers or catfish if they can give it some room. If it is a red devil then all bets are off.

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Banned
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
My experience with Midas is they are aggressive with other cichlids in their territory, but haven't had issues with dithers or catfish if they can give it some room. If it is a red devil then all bets are off.
It’s definitely a Midas. Hes mildly aggressive towards the catfish but as soon as the catfish darts away he doesn’t really chase to much

Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store