Mini Marble Debate

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
The issue is - mini marbles do exist- but since they are more desirable and difficult to definitively identify - everyone says they have minis- same nonsense with bds - bds are more desirable so everyone says there crappy black mutt is a bd- educate yourself and do not take anyone's word- also if someone can not verify the Rays lineage assume it is not what they say.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
I saw the FB post also. FWIW - I personally Like Marble motoro probably 2nd best. I have seen some insanely beautiful Pearl's out there which I think are amazing. I do like and can defiantly appreciate a Nice BD. But I just prefer something different. Only reason I post this is to point out. Some people Like Goldfish, some people like Flowerhorns, Some people like Blood Parrots, some people like Rays. We all have different taste and at the end of the day - who are we to say the fish someone else likes is trash????? I wont do it, even if its not my taste

wmkr

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
m'sia
^
I think high grade Hens are just as nice, heck can be nicer then alot of pure BDs......
i agree wit u here... spots for hens are nicer than bd.. most bd are similar.. but as for hens... really awesome... but too bad no nice hens here in malaysia

rooto56

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2012
usa
I'm personally a fan of just the classic leos, I'd pay good money for em, dont care much for BDs or the mutts, especially with the outrageous prices some have here in the US. #makeleosgreatagain

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
The issue is - mini marbles do exist- but since they are more desirable and difficult to definitively identify - everyone says they have minis- same nonsense with bds - bds are more desirable so everyone says there crappy black mutt is a bd- educate yourself and do not take anyone's word- also if someone can not verify the Rays lineage assume it is not what they say.
Simple as that! Well said.

Regarding proving lineage, I think it's very good practice to photograph and date the image(s) of any stock you purchase and especially want to breed from. A little provenance goes a LONG way.

Reactions: UnstoppableJayD
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store