mini monsters?

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Antennaridae or scorpenidae would be your best bets. The dwarf scorpion fish (lions ect) might work and are somewhat ambush predators. The angler/frogfish however I think would be best. They rarely swim, preferring to walk around on their "legs" and dont require much space. Just be ready to blow a decent chunk of change on an awesome looking one. All of the above and mantis shrimps can be purchased from Wisconsin's very own... www.liveaquaria.com

red devil123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2009
Fort Wayne
Ive had bad experiences with liveaquaria.com so I don't know if I want to take another chance with them, i think im going to get some kind of angler any ideas on what species?

monsterberry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2010
uk
heres what i would do
1 assorted angler (5") or
1 red dragon angler (6") or
1 sargassum fish (6") or
1 wartskin angler (4") or
1 green mandarin (4") or
1 red mandarin (4") or
2 red scooter dragonets (3") or
1 scooter blennie (4") or
1 spotted mandarin (4") or
1 arc eye hawkfish (6") or
1 blood red hawk fish (4") or
1 flame hawkfish (4") or
or maby a dwarth lion fish or a leaf fish

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Mandrins are a bad idea with everything there, they are to timid to be with those agressive fish, that and how would u get enough pods for that many mandrins/blennies in this tank? And personaly... I think thats waaaay over stocked, but thats just my opinion.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Mandarins are a bad idea in general...and they are definitely not predators. Collection methods of mandarins are damaging and even the ORA ones now Im hearing starve to death in captivity. Be prepared to buy LOTS of awesome LR and let it sit for a year or two before adding ONE mandarin to a 125g...or have some awesome refugium action going on.

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
FLESHY;4415726; said:
Mandarins are a bad idea in general...and they are definitely not predators. Collection methods of mandarins are damaging and even the ORA ones now Im hearing starve to death in captivity. Be prepared to buy LOTS of awesome LR and let it sit for a year or two before adding ONE mandarin to a 125g...or have some awesome refugium action going on.
ORA starving to death? Thats because the morons who keep them don't know hot to feed them, all you need to do is culture pods in abundance and you could put one in a 10gal. That said most people don't have the time or knowledge to culture pods...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store