Mini Tiger Grow Out Progress

guanl23

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Ohio
Updates??? lol

Hello MFK!
After many, many, many months and planning, the dat bug bit me!

The first time I saw dats for sale was about 3 years ago and the biggest tank I
had at the time was a 38G, lucky for the dats i didnt buy them.

Fast forward 1.5 years I see them again at another lfs, they were .5" but the
place wanted $50 for one!! I had a 55G by then.

I upgraded to a 75G wide earlier this year and then this ad came up on craigslist around
summer and I purchased my first monster tank! A 200G 96x24x20 build is in the
works and hopefully have it set up soon, i just need to finish my stands, plumbing and
rearange my room for it!

I placed my order for 4 IT's from Ichiban Asia Tropical (really easy to work with, highly recommend)
Nov 2, these were $35/pc but 4 for $100 package deal so i jumped on it! Worth every penny!!

Currently:
10G
4 IT's
Just got them Yestarday but haven't seen them eat yet :(
Sand/Gravel
3 3" Poly-Dels
They are about 1.5"

I also noticed the when I opened the pakage to check them out, they were very stable!!
I acclimated them for 20 min and transfered to the tank, for about half an hour they
stayed stable. 10 hours later returning from work I checked on them and they were all
unstable!! Would you guys say they are happy or stressed?? Yes I did go through the long
thread about stable myth's lol!

I'll upload some pics later today if i can!

:headbang2

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
Updates??? lol

Hello MFK!
After many, many, many months and planning, the dat bug bit me!

The first time I saw dats for sale was about 3 years ago and the biggest tank I
had at the time was a 38G, lucky for the dats i didnt buy them.

Fast forward 1.5 years I see them again at another lfs, they were .5" but the
place wanted $50 for one!! I had a 55G by then.

I upgraded to a 75G wide earlier this year and then this ad came up on craigslist around
summer and I purchased my first monster tank! A 200G 96x24x20 build is in the
works and hopefully have it set up soon, i just need to finish my stands, plumbing and
rearange my room for it!

I placed my order for 4 IT's from Ichiban Asia Tropical (really easy to work with, highly recommend)
Nov 2, these were $35/pc but 4 for $100 package deal so i jumped on it! Worth every penny!!

Currently:
10G
4 IT's
Just got them Yestarday but haven't seen them eat yet :(
Sand/Gravel
3 3" Poly-Dels
They are about 1.5"

I also noticed the when I opened the pakage to check them out, they were very stable!!
I acclimated them for 20 min and transfered to the tank, for about half an hour they
stayed stable. 10 hours later returning from work I checked on them and they were all
unstable!! Would you guys say they are happy or stressed?? Yes I did go through the long
thread about stable myth's lol!

I'll upload some pics later today if i can!

:headbang2
Im starting to think IT Dats can look stable when they are stressed out and or Stable when they are the Dominate Fish or trying to intimidate other fish. Ive had Healthy full stable dats drop dead the next day. Looks like they died from compacted stomach or something didnt go down right and fish food next day

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Your temp needs to be high with small dats. BUt you also need a good pump and airstone. 86-87 degrees. Try feeding live tubifex or live black worms.

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
Update
Pick Up 3 1-2" 4bar and one 3/4 barIT's a month ago. All but 1 is smack'n canivore pellets and the other is hitting dried krill. Also Pick up 3 more 1-2' IT's today, 3bar,4bar and a symmetrical split bar. Walked in while shop was getting in new Shipment, waited around and they drop off some Tigers. Got first pick of 6 baby Tigers and came home a Happy Shopper. Early Xmas gift for myself:woot: Total now in my grow out is 10 Tigers ranging from 1"-3" almost all on carinvore. Sorry no pic as they Hate the Lights and love to hide in the corner stayng Unstable

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store