Minimum tank size for breeding sevs?

Alistriwen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I may be able to get a pretty good deal on a pair of breeding turquoise severums but Im not sure if I have the space for them. Currently, my largest tank is a 55 long. At present it is stocked but Im slowly selling off the fish growing out in it. Would it be enough for the pair or am I out of my league? I am having a really hard time figuring out what to breed and my tanks are getting emptier and emptier :p.

Alistriwen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hopefully will have a couple 125+ in a few months but for now Im still in a fourth floor apartment hehehe. Maybe I'll stick to some Africans if the situation isn't 100%.

catfishlover106

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2007
Daly City/San Francisco, CA
are you sure you might want to stick with africans? you still could have a breeding pair of severums in a 55 even though a 75 would be better...a 55 is still big enough for just 2 fishes.

Alistriwen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Well, the decision was sort of made for me when the pair of sevs got sold this morning, and not to me :p. It's not so much that I wouldnt want the sevs in the 55 though as that I have 4 months left before I move and I dont know how long it will take to get rid of the fish in that tank. Something that didnt require as much space would be easier also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store