Minimum Tank Size

trace

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
Hamer Idaho
You would be better of removing the others honestly. Haitians do not tolerate tank mates. They will kill them and if they can't they will bloat and die. Festae can be extremely aggressive as well. So can the red devil. All three are way better of in solo or as a pair and that's it. With a large enough tank and if you choose your pike wisely, meaning not the aggressive end of the spectrum, you might get it to work. But you will need to ditch the others for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Probably the grammodes as well they usually don't work all that well on a community.

Anthony Williams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
Still won't work - one fish will establish dominance and progressively kill off the others. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say you want 100 gallons per full grown fish, which would put you somewhere in the 300-400 gallon range. Even then there's no guarantee they won't kill each other off. For grow out purposes they could be held together until they reach about 4 inches, even then you'd be running a risk.

With regards to dithers, they might survive, but it won't keep a super aggressive fish from targeting any other fish.
Okay. Last question. I currently have an 8in RD in his own tank. In a grow out tank I have a 3in Festae and a 2.5in GT. Do you think they'd all be okay in a 200 gallon (once the Festae and GT have grown a bit larger of course).

ChiPerf

Candiru
MFK Member
I have a ton of aggressive fish in the same tank that nobody would recommend keeping together and they are fine right now. It all comes down to luck and each fish's personality. For those though, you would need at least a 300 gallon eventually, and I would recommend getting them at the same time together at a small size to grow up together. Lots of driftwood for hiding spots too.

Sarertnoc Kram

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2012
Las Vegas
You can't afford a tank big enough for all of them so NO you can't get over it and stop asking dumb questions. You don't care about the fish you just like seeing them fight for your own pleasure.

Anthony Williams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
I have a ton of aggressive fish in the same tank that nobody would recommend keeping together and they are fine right now. It all comes down to luck and each fish's personality. For those though, you would need at least a 300 gallon eventually, and I would recommend getting them at the same time together at a small size to grow up together. Lots of driftwood for hiding spots too.
I'm sure it can be done with the right fish if they all grew up together but I was just wandering what other's thought about it. Some of these fish I've never kept so I figured I'd ask. The last thing my fish killing each other. Fighting for territory I don't mind. But thanks for your input.

bretthogan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2012
NC
+1

Anthony Williams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
You can't afford a tank big enough for all of them so NO you can't get over it and stop asking dumb questions. You don't care about the fish you just like seeing them fight for your own pleasure.

Now I usually ignore negative comments like these, but don't come on here telling me what I can't afford to do. If you aren't going to answer my question then don't bother commenting. If I just wanted to see the fish fight and didn't care what happened to them I would be on here asking what size tank I should get. I'd just throw them all in 100 gallon tank and call it a day.

Sarertnoc Kram

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2012
Las Vegas
Now I usually ignore negative comments like these, but don't come on here telling me what I can't afford to do. If you aren't going to answer my question then don't bother commenting. If I just wanted to see the fish fight and didn't care what happened to them I would be on here asking what size tank I should get. I'd just throw them all in 100 gallon tank and call it a day.
Let's here the GOD like tank size of epic proportions you "dream" of buying one day inquiring minds would live to know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store