Mixing angelfish?

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
I have a question for you I have a Dwarf Flame Angel and I was told by the man at my local fish store that I could introduce a regular (non-dwarf) Angel, into my fish tank because my other Angel is a dwarf (maybe a Queen Emperor Angel or a Koran Angel?). Does this make sense to you?? I have always thought that you could not mix angelfish unless they are a mated pair, have you heard different?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Aquaman_95

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
What....I think it is best to get Another Dwarf! As long as you have a big enough tank...like 30 Gallon+ That doesn't even make since becasue the bigger Angelfish will Harass the Smaller one. You should get at least two more.

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
Aquaman_95;1075252; said:
What....I think it is best to get Another Dwarf! As long as you have a big enough tank...like 30 Gallon+ That doesn't even make since becasue the bigger Angelfish will Harass the Smaller one. You should get at least two more.

my tank is 217 gallons. But what my question is it okay to have different types of angelfish in the same tank? On saltwaterfish.com it says not to mix angelfish, this is not the only place I have seen this, so I'm looking for your expert advice. Helping everyone before I make my beautiful peaceful sanctuary into a bloodbath.

stephclay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2007
san diego
i had a regal, magestic, annularis, emporor, french and a flame all together. they were all fine. When i added a new one, i would feed first then turn off the lights. after an hour or so then add the new fish. Try to vary the size as much as possible to help this out. I also had 7 tangs together with them. So whom ever said you have to keep them seperate just didn't have a strategy that worked for them. My tank is 560 gallons and soon to have an 750 gallon with 9-12 angels of with all of the above plus a blueline, chrysurus and 2 golden, a multicolor and possible an interupptus sometime in the future.

good luck, pm if you have any questions

btw, add the angels with different colorings as best as possible

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
Thank you guys! Which Angel would you suggest I get next, I like a lot of color?

stephclay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2007
san diego
yes, the navarcus is very docile, so is the regal. try to add the most aggressive last. Like a queen or an adult emperor.

btw, craig that is a beautiful french, how long have you had him?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store