MMA News and Notes

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I was surprised to find out how many fighters do urine therapy. It's supposed to keep you healthy and fight sickness.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They're the pee party.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I see urine as stuff that your body rejected. your body sends things to your bladder and rectum for a reason.

to leave the body. not to be put back in.

but animals do it too so, who knows. when the zombie apoc hits and I'm out in the wild I may consider it. but there's no point in doing it pre apoc

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Yeah...I very well agree lol.However I do recall one of Floyd Mayweather's past opponents drinking his own urine as part of his training regimen in preparing to fight Floyd.His name escapes me but he was Mexican and it was a few years ago.
Juan Manuel Marguez has been a long time salty lemonade partaker

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Haha,salty lemonade...I just saw this.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
Team Alpha Male is accusing Aldo of greasing and drinking suspicious beverages between rounds. This is kind of ridiculous considering the eye pokes and low blows from Mendes. I don't think that Mendes did any of those things on purpose, but in pro fights, you can only bring sealed water bottles into the ring (at least here, but I'd imagine that's standard everywhere. The fight was in Brazil though, so who knows.).
Here's a video of the accusations. It's 2 hours long and I don't have the time to listen to them boo-hoo, but I thought I'd post it anyway in case somebody wants to listen and give us a breakdown.

http://www.efightnews.com/news/team...ing-drinking-suspicious-drinks-between-rounds

Edit: They also started a petition to overturn the results and have 10,000+ signatures.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
that's crazy. last thing I wanna do is listen to them cry for two hours

it was a great fight, mendez should be proud to be a part of it and move on. jose is just the better fighter. I believe this is the best mendez has ever prepared for a fight and he brought it, and in turn it brought the best out of jose. and the best mendez couldn't beat the champ.

I can understand why he's unhappy because losing twice to the champ is terrible if you are gonna stay in that division. you will not be getting a third fight any time soon. move up or down if you want another crack at gold

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Bellator is on now.King Mo just won via tko in the opener....Tito Ortiz vs Stephan Bonner in the main event.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store