MMA News and Notes

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Whoa whoa whoa ... they wanted him to promote in Stockton? Yeah, I would have quit too!!!

Seriously though, he got beat and Diaz shut him up. I can kind of understand wanting to focus on the fighting. But like football players and the media, it's part of what you are paid for.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh so all of a sudden McGregor can't be bothered to make appearances now.I hope Dana White gives in to his demand so Diaz can send him into retirement for real.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
......let's just hope then that he is trash tweeting.

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
Nah, he's not scared... he's seriously focused. Aaaaand he's the only mass-appeal superstar the UFC has right now, so he's leveraging that to his benefit.

Dana isn't stupid enough to throw away this rematch and neither is Conor, in the end they'll work something out. And in the meantime, the whole world will hold their breath and jump on every scrap of information/tweet/leak/speculation and continue to prove Conor's popularity/infamy

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
The fact he thinks he should get special treatment is ridiculous no matter what way you slice it. Every other fighter is expected to take part in promotional activities and press conferences. He should be no different. All fighters should be on a level playing field. And it's a bit ironic he chooses to get out of press conferences and promotional responsibilities when he's facing someone he doesn't have the trash talking upper hand against after already been beaten by him.

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
Maybe... but like him or hate him, you and the rest of the world are still talking about him. And we all either want to see him get his butt whooped or comeback and finish dinky Diaz...

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
I don't like him or hate him. Not that invested lol. But I will say it's entertaining. But personally I believe the UFC will do more harm than good to the organization in the long run if they cave to Conor.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store