Monster 822 gallon (ext) aquarium build thread

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Hey Fred, I'm curious how those Nu-Clear canister filters have been working out for you? Do they clog up pretty quick? How often are you having to clean them?

From the last set of pix, it looks like you're keeping your acrylic free of algae. Do you have a magnetic algae scraper? Curious how that's worked out for you with the sand...I really want to switch to sand, but scared of scratching the $%^& out of the acrylic.

Would love to see some recent pix or better yet, a quick video of the tank. Hope all is good!

TheBigB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
North Texas
Hey Fred, I'm curious how those Nu-Clear canister filters have been working out for you? Do they clog up pretty quick? How often are you having to clean them?

From the last set of pix, it looks like you're keeping your acrylic free of algae. Do you have a magnetic algae scraper? Curious how that's worked out for you with the sand...I really want to switch to sand, but scared of scratching the $%^& out of the acrylic.

Would love to see some recent pix or better yet, a quick video of the tank. Hope all is good!
+1

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land

I will get some pictures tonight. The canisters are ok, I actually have dual set of them so while some are getting dirty another set are setting in a bleach /water solution clean. I wish they were bigger though, but they do the job ok. I find the Duda pads I use in in my sumps is really the thing to use. if I do a water cycle and add new duda pads, then change them agian two day later. Tank stays crystal clear.
No i do not have a algae magnetic scrapper. I actual have been pretty lucky with not getting much algae. Plus the two rescue plecos help in that department. I have not had much issue with the sand scratching the tank up either just being carfeful does the trick. However, unfortuanetly my Fly River Turtle has nails and he has been the one to scratch the tank up a bit. No worries at this point as its not really noticable when the water is drained and of course with water in it you can't see it at all.

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land
bump

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land
here it is