Monster Compatibility Thread: Go or no go?

rob0521

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
south florida
crenicichla lepidota and a jag- yes. at least for now...

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
4" Jag, 6" Redtail Barracuda, 2 3" Warmouth Sunfish, 1 Bluegill, 1 Thinbar Dat. All are a GO so far.

matthew112687

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2006
Florida
90 Gallon Aquarium. 4 inch JD and 5 inch Oscar.

Result: At first ok, but lately the JD has beaten on the Oscar to the point where I am going to have to get another aquarium as soon as my exams are over.

This is going to be an interesting thread, Im looking forward to reading everyones experiences :popcorn:

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
matthew112687;834204; said:
90 Gallon Aquarium. 4 inch JD and 5 inch Oscar.

Result: At first ok, but lately the JD has beaten on the Oscar to the point where I am going to have to get another aquarium as soon as my exams are over.

This is going to be an interesting thread, Im looking forward to reading everyones experiences :popcorn:
Thanks for the info, I also believe that this could be a great thing for all members. Learning doth not suck, but kicketh ass.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
5" senegal poly w/ 4" leo poma = VERY good, especially when feeding. the poma takes the f bloodworms and rips the block up and individual wormsfall for the poly.
VERY NICE! recommend.

2 male bettas in 1 qt. bowl = BAD!!!! :D

aquanaut

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2007
Philly
Hanibal Lector(Flowerhorn) and anything...NO GO! 6" TOOK OVER A 125.

Depends on the fish really... outside of some. Such as Dovii (they do get big fast). RT Motag(pair) never again:nilly:

Have had RDs,Sals,JDs, and other get along for quite some time.

Now in the 125... 2"JD,6" Cuban, 4x 4" Geos, Blue Acara, 11 G.Danios,13 1" T. Barbs, 3 Pims, 2 Suncats(4"), 3" Texas, 3 Blood Parrots, 6" Nic and a common algae eater. Just got rid of 3 goldfish targets... and No problems YET! Oh and 2 rosies no one will eat...:D

Shiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2007
Texas
AwolAngler;833528; said:
I think a large mouth and a peacock would work out fine together I wouldn't keep the water to warm though... Maybe around 75f* and maybe start the large mouth out slightly larger then the peacock but not more then an inch or so.
Thanks for the tip. Sounds like I'll have the best of both worlds if it can be done.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
This is working out great. MORE!

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Bump for more compatibility tests.

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
the reason we have 3 large aquariums when we started out with just one because of fish that grew up together suddenly not getting along together..

our compatable pair of oscars (Rocky and Toni) teamed up and attempted to shred our 6" (at the time) arowana (Pinky).

right now, and as they grow things may change.. so i guess this is still a work in progress..

My big peacock bass has 2 buddies that he holds dear.. Gabriel my biggest angelfish and Pinky, the arowana.

The snooks pretty much hang out together.. and drive away everybody else in the tank from "their spot". They don't hurt anyone, but they don't necessarily get along with anyone either.

Angelfish and baby peacock bass seem very compatable.. and like i said before my big peacock bass is still best buddies with my biggest angelfish, but since they are in different tanks now they just visit through the glass.

the RTC, Lucy, doesn't seem to bother any of the fish, but i hear this isn't true of most RTC's.. Right now she's in the 100 gal with the oscars and the 12" common pleco. the pleco and Lucy have been having territory wars though, but no one is getting hurt and the pleco seems to have decided it's in his best interest to find a different spot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store