Monster fish to small community fish

wfex4

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2008
Cape Coral, Fl
I would suggest a dwarf cichlid tank. A few pairs of blue rams, maybe some dwarf pikes or teleocichla. Possibly a couple pairs of apistogramma. Some larger schooling tetras and a school of hatchets at the top. I would maybe stock some endlers as well to provide some food if you go the pike route.

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
Interesting because I'm in the same boat. I could use a bit of help as well.

I'm redoing my 75 for my 2 yr old to introduce him to the hobby. We have been to a couple fish stores and he likes active fish. Unfortunately I know nothing about small fish like tetras.

Here is what I think I would like but do not know what quantities would work.

1 Severum
1 Electric Blue Acara
1 Rainbow Cichlid
2 Bushynose Plecos

As far as tetras I like Buenos Aries, Columbian, Rummynose, Penguin and Serpae.

I would also like something on the bottom, probably cory cats but again I don't know how many I could have.

Also this tank has driftwood, large rocks and some nice fake plants. Yes I know fake, but I am a plant murderer. I went all out and spent hundreds of dollars on plants, lights, ferts etc and I killed everything, even java fern.

Last edited:

KansasSunfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2018
I once saw a 300 gallon tank that had possibly 500 male fancy guppies. It was quite possibly the most incredible display I have ever seen. And here’s the crazy thing about it, all it would take is about five or six males and about 20 females to produce that many guppies in a year. For an initial investment of 50 bucks, a tank that was TEEMING with fish.....

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I once saw a 300 gallon tank that had possibly 500 male fancy guppies. It was quite possibly the most incredible display I have ever seen. And here’s the crazy thing about it, all it would take is about five or six males and about 20 females to produce that many guppies in a year. For an initial investment of 50 bucks, a tank that was TEEMING with fish.....
Would make a great tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store