Monster pond issue

Greatwhitebarbelbass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2021
Good day gentleman

I have a strange issue in my 10000gallon pond. The monsters include, 60cm clown knife, 40cm gourami, 30 cm fl gar, 25cm tank goby(glossogobius giurus), three 40cm koi.

There are some smaller inhabitants like machrobrachium rosenbergii, some brown goldfish(10-20), some convicts cichlids(30+), some african cichlids(only 3), monodactylus (10 or so), freshwater mullet(10 or so), labeobarbus ruddi(20 or so).

The filtration is heavy, 300gallons of blue Japanese filter matt and k1. Plus water exchange daily.

Three weeks ago i found a dead white 5inch convict with its fins and caudal peduncle eaten.

Two weeks ago i found a dead regular 6inch convict with the same.

Today i found a dead brown goldfish with the same.

I observed the gar harassing the koi. Just following, no biting observed. Its very difficult to see what is happening in 5ft of water with such small fish. All the monsters including the gar eat pellets. There used to be a lot of swords and guppies, but they seem to have diminished to very few. Maybe the gar ran out of live minnows?

I got pics of the setup.

What happened to the three dead guys?

Reactions: celebrist

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
I'd recommend checking water params. It's possible they died, then something got to them. I don't know for sure, so I'm just gonna bump. Good luck. Possible the gar got em

Greatwhitebarbelbass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2021
Found the issue, some lernea sp. got in. Found it on the giant gourami during feeding. Treated twice with diflubenzuron. This is a month after the second treatment. No lernea are visible and the fish look amazing. Very active and gregarious.

About a 100 machrobrachium died on the first treatment. My Acanthopagrus sp. died on the second treatment.

Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store