monster tank build

spiff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2007
midwest
matt clark;2941141; said:
the tank is in guernsey. and its not a lfs.its in my friends underground bunker built by the germans at the time of world war 2. there are lots of these in guernsey

Thats even cooler. We have some cave houses in the midwest and a few reconditioned missle silos. I would love to have something like that.

That'll be insanely cool once done.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
That's bad ***!!! Good luck, and looks like you'll have an awesome pre-existing background nature made!! You should do the outer wall with some rivited steel to keep with the bunker feel. hehe

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Crazy.

You may need to do more than just coat the rock with resin though, it looks like it has some deep cracks and fissures in it that could go back a long way. You may need to actually fiberglass or shotcrete over the rock to completely seal it.

spiff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2007
midwest
You could also chip out some little horizontal areas on the wall that can hold some plants and stuff... when done right would be even cooler still!

matt clark

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
guernsey
there are holes i have drilled in the rock face so i can add plants. i also plan to gel the floor then spred sand over the top while it is still wet. . im trying to get an amazon look to the tank so if anyone has any ideas

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Subscribed, amazing concept :popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store