Monsterfish in planted tanks

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Its very doable but id stick with my barebottom tanks for tank busters.
I would setup a heavily planted tank with the cutesy fishes. Just preference.

astronatus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
Kansas
ONE of your peacock bass tanks? How many do you have? And where do you get those guys? I dont think I have ever seen one for sale here in Kansas.

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
Bare bottom tanks are definitely much easier to clean considering the fact that almost all monster fishes are messy feeders. But a planted tank is still much nicer to look at.

peanut

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
i o w england
hi ther i have two large arrowanas silver in a large tank with plastic plants no trouble the temp is 28 ihave two external filters two internal filters and a fluadised sand folter i carry out a 50%water change once a week and always use sress coat hope this is of help

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
peanut said:
hi ther i have two large arrowanas silver in a large tank with plastic plants
I wouldn't call that a "planted tank", though ;)

HarleyK

tom h

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2005
baltimore md
you can also grow some of the lower light plants right onto wood or rocks. that ought to help in a monster tank. presents some aquascaping challenges though

sjo501

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2005
Minneapolis
I'll try to get some pics up. I have a 150 heavily planted. 390 W pc lighting, co2, pmdd daily fertilizers, laterite, 14 in. arowana, thin bar datnoid, 6 5 in. clown loaches. The aro is starting to think the loaches look tasty, so this will be a problem. But the tank is looking good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store