More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Final purge coming in the 125. These leftover fry are from Reeva/Mongo. Other non descript sub adults are going too.

Mongo Reeva fry.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I mentioned before that Boss' color poses issues in night shots. This exposure is toned back with a filter but you see his color is so bright it just flattens out completely. Because he has the true 'blood' color it just soaks up magenta and blue wavelengths. The night settings (9pm) under blue is no different than what you see here. I can spot Boss at any distance from the tank. Like a neon sign.

patrol copy.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Here's Pip whom I dub the "Queen of queens" or the "OG Queen". With nearly 700 descendants to her credit it's an appropriate title. She's also 4 1/2" inches of pure attitude and toughness. She's not hyper aggressive like some of her clan but she's a boss and likes to be in control. Her aggression is targeted, based on situation and mood. She respects no territory and will randomly decide what's hers. She interferes with her sons when they fight, picking sides or breaking it up. Sometimes she just watches and swims off like "go at it." She even faced off against my Oscar Brick when he was younger, nipping his tail when his back was turned. But she had brains enough to stay away from the business end and soon stopped (after Brick trapped her in a corner). Her relationship with red rainbow Salt is an odd one. She charges at him full speed but he refuses to run and just tilts his body sideways. Then Pip stops and goes away. She does this regularly and I can't tell if she's flirting or what. But she will avoid a situation that puts her at a disadvantage.

Recently before he was removed her son Tank actually attacked her a couple of times, the only offspring to do so. Didn't phase her. She went right back into his area with no damage and gave no fcs if he didn't like it. He did nothing after that. If she were human I'd call her arrogant.

You see her full black mask here, something she's gained with maturity.

pip.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Bruce and Buddy posturing again. Their sore mouths won't let them lock up anyway. It's like watching two boxers in the ring with broken hands.

round 1.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Salt's recovered nicely from some damage/white areas to his tail and top fin. I treated with epsom salt and clean water.

salt 1.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store