MORE Video Proof That Red Claw Crabs Will Kill (HD VIDEO)

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
Wow. I had some of mine team up to grab one of my goldfish I had in their pond. But that's insane! Your crabitat looks pretty cool, any way for a fts? I'm thinkin of getting back into crabs soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

COG Commando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2011
West Bend, WI
They're basically eight-legged tanks with daggers for hands; I don't think anyone ever doubted their abilities...

jadedreams

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Yeah I've walked by in my LFS and seen them snacking on various fish that were unlucky enough to be in their tanks.

demonte1997

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2011
Connecticut
Maybe I'll post a vid of a red claw crab getting destroyed by one of my prawn. Just kidding.

In all honesty, I've never seen red claw crabs as that scary of a predator. The wholesale I worked at would get them in by the hundreds and they never held up well. Didn't seem like a very good pet to keep. That said, your vid of the crab eating the frog is interesting. My question would be why did you put that frog in there? Seems inhumane.. :/

Chozoisw33d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2012
Georgia
The frog was put in there because these crabs innately enjoy killing, and eating . Subscribe to my Youtube channel for tons more Crab videos.

Chozoisw33d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2012
Georgia
Not at all impressed, poor toad. There is no reason to feed live aside from the need to see one animal kill another.
Why should i feed them store bought pellets when (1) they aren't meant to eat those and (2) in my own personal experience, live and real animal/bug feeding leads to healthier crabs 100% of the time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store