grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
bichir addict;635901; said:
I would just say screw it and get it. :D
so wud i! trust me i would

but im on vacation out here in maryland, and that means id have to ship to myself out in California. ive never shipped a fish before, but i think i cud do it wihtout much trouble.

also, my loveable ornate has a bad record with mormyrids, he almost killed an elephant nose, but thtas like a year ago, and during that time he was little and took bites of everything from other bichirs and my old L-200:screwy: but now hes in with a plethera of tankmates and doesnt snap at any of them, so i want to try agian.

but i have to be sure its worth it, as im also ordering an Polypterus Ansorgii from toyin and i could order a kannume from him at the same time................

thats why i was hoping it was one of the smaller species, ill get better pics if not tommarow (new years day, theyll probably be closed) then the next day. i think that its the one in the pic i included with this post, fishbase says its mormyrus rume, but its face is completely differnt from the ones in the other pics under the species..... either that or Mormyrus lacerda but i may be completly wrong......only better pics and the actual fish will tell.... ive been straing at poics of mormyrids all day, its maddening, when i close my eyes i see mormyrids!!!!!! im going insane......... why cant i just like normal fish :screwy:

Morum_u2.jpg

bichir addict

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Florida
im 70% sure that it is the dolphin mormyid that gets huge but oh well. I have never seen anyone with a rare morymid like this on here. Shipping might be hard though since you would need oxygenated water (blue water) for a trip that long. I dont think it could be possible but you could try. It might have a problem with your other fish though escpially ur bichirs. My bichir almost ate a elephant nose that was 2 inches long and the bichir was 5 inches.

Or you could always just ship him to me. :)

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
shipping wouldnt be a probelm, id get my hands of one of them bag buddies and overnight it packed good, i dont think thtad be a problem.

if there were probalems in the tank id prbably end up dividing it, i really like these fish, and ive never seen one in person before.

i would have bought it already if i wasnt worried it would hit 30" plus.............. therye super cool, but i already have to figure out what to do with my gar when he grows up(and damn is that dude growing fast!).

im aslo gettin the "no more fish", and "isnt ur tank full?" response when i bring it up with everyone...........but this would seriously be my last..... im sure i could work it into them;) ..............lol

il go check on him later this week, i have to make a discision rather quickly after that tho as my flight out of this wateland that is the east coast is on the 5th, i may have to do the "buy not wory later" deal on this one:grinno:

im on the fence..........which is weird for me, cuz i ussualy buy nething that fancies me at the moment and work everthing else out after that. :ROFL:

i dont know, ill have to think about it

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
so i went back, this time on a mission.

i found him agian, and this time he was bullying his tankmates! Oscars and albino iredescent sharks. so that is good, makes me think hell brobaly hold his own in my tank.
i asked them wut they were calling it, and they pulled the famose, "double elephant nose" and said theyd give it to me for $20. i siad i have to do a little resarch fisrt and id like to see it eat. so the scopped it out of the tank and put it in the litle box thingy, much to my suprise he ate right away, even in the little isolation thing.

so now ive gotta smooth talk the family into letting me bring home one last fish.........and of couse figure out what it actually is. heres another pic, now im thinking that its actaully a kannume, like almost positive, which is both good and bad.... i love the kannume, but they get too big for me..... but id be able to manage for a long time i think, as id imagine these fellas to grow VERY slow, and ive heard the same from other people as well.

well heres the pic......
thnx in advance

Attachments

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store