Morning Routine

Littlefishjoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Central Illinois
Well after the lights kick on, do a quick headcount around the house. Then make some breakfast, while thawing out meat for the big fish. After I eat then its time to go around and hand-feed all the spoiled fish.
Now if Im off work that day, I'll start making water for PWC's ( around 50-60gals) then wait for the wife to help change out water LOL.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Joao M

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Portugal
I´ll be honest: I only chek my RTG arowana.
Not that I don´t like the other fish...but that´s the only one I check in the mornings.
When I come home in the evenings, I check all the others and feed (if it is feeding day).

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Oh ya, she helps care for them.... She has a 110gal goldfish pond with 5 commons 6-10inch,(going on 2yrs running) and she has learned the hobby enough to know what need to be done every week to keep our fish thriving.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Haha! We are both quite lucky. My girlfriend helps me with waterchanges as well. She likes to sing songs to my tropical gar.

tommyfc3s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New Jersey
i also do a quick head count to make sure my bichirs and peacock bass haven't eaten anything else, then i'll feed my grow out tanks a little bit of bloodworms mixed with crushed massivore (pellet training) and that's about it for mornings during the week. saturday mornings i do a full cleaning and water changes on all 3 tanks first thing

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Open curtains, switch lights on gradually so as not to stress/freak out fish; do a general observation including head count, signs of good or bad health, filters, heaters, then feed.

Always notice something, for example today; a roughed up Giant Danio that i suspect was briefly in my Oscars mouth last night, as well as my last regular danio being missing this morning!

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
When i wake up at 5.am i always check my aquarium's. Some times i feed them.
I also have HDpro IP secutiry cam. So i can check aquarium at work with smarthphone or pc. My wife things i'm CRAZY.
:)

Cheifwalnut

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2015
Schoharie New York
I get up early for work, so I don't really do anything in the mornings besides open the curtains. When I come home I feed the Oscar, and then i cook my dinner, while thawing out the DIY for for my dempseys, and then eat while I watch them eat. Haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store