MOST AGGRESSIVE CICHLID?????

nubz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2009
port aransas texas
i had a texas attack my ankles when i waded in the guadelupe river.... so its texas on my vote

phobull

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
In Yo Mind
From my experience the texas is a killer when his small but when mine grew he was just so laid back.

buttikoferi are a tough fish, my old one went head to head to my GG and took over the tank.

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
From my experience GT's don't deserve a spot in this thread. I have yet to see an individual that owns up to its name.

I noticed that salvinis and jewel cichlids have yet to be mentioned; these are both highly aggressive fish. After a recent collecting trip I left 4 jewel cichlids in a 55 gallon with 11 brown hoplos and 4 plecos (I got back late). The next morning I came back and not one hoplo had any barbels! They are definitely the most aggressive I have seen considering their size. Just hope you don't get a breeding pair because they will kill all other con-specifics!

Vincentii

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2009
London, U.K
total aggression has to go to Tilapis Marie

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
You know ive had all of these fish... some worse than others , but i really have to give it up to the oscar.... If you find a crazy oscar , i had one , they cant be beat. Mine was 16 inches long , killed 2 gars , 2 full grown midas, and my mated pair of jag/dovii..... took them both out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store