Most aggressive freshwater fish?

Torchia32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
California
LOL.The most unused feature here is the search function.
Why don't you try actually participating in a thread and helping someone out who is new to the forum instead of constantly posting sarcastic bull****. I've seen you on many threads doing this. This guy is brand new to the forum asking a simple question. Who cares if it has been asked 20 times before. Either answer his question or give constructive criticism about how there are many threads about this why don't you try the search feature in the future. Instead of your 2 bs responses on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sapperdaddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2014
Kentucky
Any of the larger Cichlids. Such as Red devil, Green Terror, there is a reason why these guys have earned their names. Theres a huge list of South American Cichlids that are very aggressive but I have also found that these fish have the most personality as well.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Wyckii Catfish. Only ever saw one in person and it was a monster and they tend to have a reputation to kill all tankmates and bite your arm :)

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
There's a difference between highly predatory fish and fish that are aggressive because they hate other fish in their space.. From videos I'd say dovii, from experience I'd say Midas, mine was pure evil, hated everybody! Was only 4" and beat an 8" Oscar into the corner of the tank and kept it there, would never keep one in a community again!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Why don't you try actually participating in a thread and helping someone out who is new to the forum instead of constantly posting sarcastic bull****. I've seen you on many threads doing this.
Really?....then surely you must also have seen my many threads where I've tried to help others where I could offer it.I like a good joke here and there,so what,and here's a newsflash....I was offering help in my post only you took it the wrong way.Although you are new here too but seem to be so aware of my post offerings you should have seen all of that already.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Why don't you try actually participating in a thread and helping someone out who is new to the forum instead of constantly posting sarcastic bull****. I've seen you on many threads doing this. This guy is brand new to the forum asking a simple question. Who cares if it has been asked 20 times before. Either answer his question or give constructive criticism about how there are many threads about this why don't you try the search feature in the future. Instead of your 2 bs responses on this thread.

:popcorn:Between Krichardson, chix, oddball and RD I have gotten more advice than the rest of the forums combined haha.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well thank you.I'm rather flattered to see my name associated with those others in such a manner.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Wyckii Catfish. Only ever saw one in person and it was a monster and they tend to have a reputation to kill all tankmates and bite your arm :)
dude go to the LFS beside Neville island right off 79....they have 2 black devils jammed in tanks with rtcs...massive fish...terrible LFS.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I think this is relative to expirence and what has been kept with what. I had a green terror in with Texas and JD and I thought whats the big deal he isn't aggressive at all. Then I moved him in with some severums and the aggression came out.

But my opinion and experience
Many will say dovii because they are huge and can destroy most anything you put in with them. But as far as pure aggression meaning the most annoying litte jerks and the worst attitude I would have to say salvini and demansoni. I think if a salvini was the size of a dovii it would eat through the glass to get at me. Demansoni lets just say the biggest male became a wet pet in a tank by himself for a long time. He wouldn't back down from anyone and always finished what he started.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store