Most aggressive piranha

BM80

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
My pick would be the Piraya, based on the one solo 12 incher i kept a few years back. Out of all the piranha I've kept this Piraya was the only one to take food from my hand and attack the glass. Nasty fish it was..

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
How much does a the smallest breed of pirhana cost? Also what is the name of this species? Where can I get one? Would I be able to keep one of these with two jack dempseys and an Oscar? Please help

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I think the smallest piranha is s. hollandi, it can be bought from aquascapeonline. No way with other fish, sometimes red bellies can be kept with those fish but they get big. If you want a piranha like fish to go with oscars, get a pacu and think about getting a monster tank(they get huge).

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Well I would never risk adding an elongatus to my group of natts for fear that it would eventually kill them all...
Exactly, what would u want to attack u, a pack or a single fish??? Lol pretty clear cut, now if elongs schooled id say they are but they dont.

#1 S. Vettel

Zander_The_RBP

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The most aggressive piranha? hmm the one you just accidentally backed into a corner without realizing, while doing [Insert random task that requires the placing of one's hands into piranha tank] and has caused you to now need stitches and a tetanus shot.

Thats DEFINITELY the most aggressive one. ;)

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
Exactly, what would u want to attack u, a pack or a single fish??? Lol pretty clear cut, now if elongs schooled id say they are but they dont.

#1 S. Vettel
I mean one on one, for example my elongatus could kick any red belly's butt.

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
Elongatus is the most aggressive from what i have heard. Make no mistake though a large Rhom is a force and no you don't need a school to be aggressive or dangerous when dealing with Rhoms. That I know for a fact.

BoabMac63

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2012
Scotland
I dont know the true name bit i think the pike pirahna is the most aggresive and cannot be lept in groups so it is strong itsel and will kill more of its kind if kept with them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store