most expensive fish

Comatose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Boston
Aren't there a couple angels that go for 20k? I heard there's a couple that sell like that in Japan anyway...

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
nonstophoops;5055344; said:
Ahhh, that explains it. Then they can offer overpriced stuff and get away with it. That is also why they have the money to bring in all that expensive stuff too.
Dude you don't know the half of it. I was told by one of head guys there at the picture in book Aquarium sharks and rays of the 20' long shark/reef tank was one of their maintenance accounts. Anyway that place had 4 tanks like that and brought in about 1 million dollars a year. They will actually fly their guys to cali to hand pick fish.

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
turbo253;5055731; said:
Dude you don't know the half of it. I was told by one of head guys there at the picture in book Aquarium sharks and rays of the 20' long shark/reef tank was one of their maintenance accounts. Anyway that place had 4 tanks like that and brought in about 1 million dollars a year. They will actually fly their guys to cali to hand pick fish.
Omg that is fricking ridiculous. Seriously unreal.

Comatose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Boston
turbo253;5055038; said:
\ I mean 5k for a dragon eel thats a little too much money.
Just noticed that... damn. Quality is one thing, but that's 3-5 times the high end of their retail price. Damn!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Comatose;5054991; said:
Lol, I have no idea what they're worth. There aren't any in the US, and I'd been looking for a source for 6 years... when I finally found a guy that would send me some, I imported them myself. The guy I bought them from is notoriously expensive, and then all the other costs and fees associated with importing live animals racked it up. I actually wanted to buy 10, but that would still be almost 1,500 an animal, and there's no way I could resell them and make money at that price.

Right now I'm working with a guy in NZ that might be able to get me Enchelycore ramosa... I'm hoping that's going to a teensy bit cheaper.
That is sweet...at least you got your hands on one. This is why I shipped a purple tang back from LA...I was thinking to myself, when am I going to see one of these again.

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
Here's a good one.... House of fins just called me today and said the had a shark I would really be interested in. I called them back and it was a 24" white tip reef for $3500:ROFL: I mean come on... on the high end that fish shouldn't go above $2500. Most of the time they are around $1500-$2000 retail.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
I guess their prices are like that because they are doing things like personally calling previous customers to be like...yea...come check this out haha that just sounds really funny.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store