Most strangest or rarest Hybrid ever?

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
There are naturally occuring hybrids if that's what you're asking. The closer in relation to each other the seperate species are the easier they will hybridize, and might even be able to produce viable offspring. The further apart they are, the less likely they are to hybridize. Lets say you cross a rtc and tsn(hehe) they are closely related so you might get a 50% success rate when combining them. Now when you take a tsn and hybridize it with a niger catfish that might drop to something like 5-10%. These are not actual numbers, but you get the point. The way that most hybrids are created is just by simply mixing the sperm and egg of two different species in a container. They do the rest on their own. It's too costly to inject every single egg that makes a hybrid. Therefore if they couldn't do it on their own then it wouldn't happen at all. Hope this makes some sense.

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
all hybrids are weird.............................................................................

CichlidsRool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
TUJUNGA,CA.SOCAL.
Cammo X;2886326; said:
He is trying to say that, because we are more smater and advanced than other animals, that we should be able to make things faster than nature, e.g make hybrids.....

Cam
that is what i was trying to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thank you!!! after all nature created us, anyway i think some people make a big deal about hybrids.if they look nice who cares,like i always say if you dont want your hybrids donate them to me...:D

smootheye

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Have seen Electric Blue crossed with Labeotropheus fuelleborni.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store