Motoro

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
the wider the better. I have heard that they can grow up to 31" across. Rt now Ive had my Motoros for 3+ years and my female is now around 21" and my male is around 16" across.
Also, just my opinion, sand is better than gravel. Gravel is hard on a rays stomach area. Might think about switching it out to sand.

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
the wider the better. I have heard that they can grow up to 31" across. Rt now Ive had my Motoros for 3+ years and my female is now around 21" and my male is around 16" across.
Also, just my opinion, sand is better than gravel. Gravel is hard on a rays stomach area. Might think about switching it out to sand.
He is correct, you might want to go with a sand bottom, better for the rays underside and also allows them to hide, which can relieve a little stress when introducing one into a new tank. Also, a 6-8" Rectic is probably a 2-3 years old, depending on the size of the tank it was in. It's probably good that it is that size, so that if you get the motoro it won't bully it for food as much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store